New guy on Phinny (and to EQ1)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Direth, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Direth New Member

Hi everyone!

My experience with EQ1 comes from leveling to 15 on p1999 a year ago but then i stopped. I've started out here on Phinny now and im wondering about just some general advice for a new player. Are there low level quests (iirc there was some nice belts from Crushbone that u handed in for xp etc) or is it better to just grind?

Cheers in advance // New guy
  2. Nuther Augur

Hi, there are some quests. They give some XP and some coin and some faction. The Crushbone belts are OK, but the Shoulder pads are the most bang for the buck.

So, get to level 4 or 5, then go to the wall in Crushbone until 10-12.
    Then Unrest yard to 15.
    Unrest Main room to 20.
    Unrest Fireplace to 25
    Unrest basement to 30.

Thats where the game is mostly.
  3. Ducreux Augur

Quest xp was nerfed by 90% and is no longer worth doing except if you are after a particular quest reward (item).
  4. *GRIM* New Member

It really depends on where you roll your new toon, on the FP side of the world, usually you are better off running to tunnels in Commonlands and asking for some high level buffs (esp dmg shield) and rolling mobs to about lvl 5. then head to befallen, where there is usually a group or two killing. if you can't find anything there, then just kill in CL (keep getting those buffs) until lvl 10ish.

If you are in the GFay side of the world, then do what nuther recommends.

Both places will have you arriving in unrest around lvl 10 - 30. you could also do Uguk instead, but its not usually as full of people (IE harder to find groups usually)

At 30, you are best hitting LGUK to about 36-40 range, its not too bad getting there once you figure out how to run thru UGUK.

At 36ish you want to hit City of Mist. (if you are a Cleric or possibly CC class you can come here earlier, but it is challenging) City of mist will take you all the way to 45ish (52 if you like to completely explore every camp and grind out every last drop of exp)

45/46 you wanna hit Seb, which requires a quest in Trakanon's teeth to do (kill hunter/forager for medallions and turn in to ghost dude in sw corner of zone)

seb will get you to 60, or sprinkle in Chardok / howling stones in your mid 50's. HS requires a key as well.

like TheRealDucreuxTM said, quest exp has been basically eliminated.

hope that helps!
  5. Nuther Augur

I heard seb keys parts can be acquired in seb. Is this wrong?
  6. Ducreux Augur

Yes, it also doesn't make sense to have the key for a zone drop inside the zone that you need the key for. (Ignoring plane of time cause 85% rule)
  7. Direth New Member

Thanks so very much guys :D ive got something to go on then!