New Guy LFG And Advice

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Ulvarine, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Ulvarine New Member

Hey everyone, total newbie here, just getting into EQ for the first time. I have been wanting to start on Phinigel or FV for the high population, but it seems a bit daunting since I don't know anyone, nor do I really know a lot of the basics of the game. Any advice for meeting people and really learning would be great.
    Stune likes this.
  2. Borek-VS Augur

Make your character and play, talk to people in game. You'll get responses here about guilds to join, and that will help you a lot.

Read the sites linked in my sig for advice on getting started.
  3. Stune Augur

Hey new guy!! welcome to your first time in eq.

I would recommend Phinigel, however all live servers would gladly enjoy having a new player.
    I wouldn't doubt, most players would suggest chomping through the content learn as much as you can.

Remember it all boils down to this in the end.
    1. DPS learn to weave your character..... advanced raiding 101 --> do talk to class sponsors, and read tons on your class. Like AA meetings LOL
    2. Grouping as much as you can, most people are very helpful. Some are just plain rude, or do not wish to chat much.
    3. If your having a tough time finding groups, not your fault... but dont let that bother you.... see if you can do FTP character on live and box 2 or 3... i used to box 12 accounts 7 at most. Now i do 3 on ragefire server. Its fun to me, i dont bother people i actually chat to them.

Many of us have been through the raiding scene more times then you can count. Since a few of us are still playing since 1999, off and on and over time we either merge, disband, take a break, or leave a guild. Note most highend raiding guilds work a very tight shift. If casual is your cup of tea, try finding a decent sized family guild.

One thing you will notice on these boards is a very toxic tone to newish players. Ignore it and have fun.

Ask away someone should be able to help you

Good luck have fun, and do what borek suggests.
  4. CaptainSkeet Augur

I recommend Phinny. The leveling will be slow compare to standard servers, but it is much less complicated. Might be a good placw to get your feet wet. If you like it, stay. Or after you ger the jist of the basics, go to a regular server and start it and see what ya think. Just expext to play solo for the early game on a regular server. For grouping and making of friends at lower levels, the TLP prolly help out more. Also try to join a guild for some friendly advice.