New Cultural raid focus is only 52 to 100 instead of 54 to 100 percent

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fortunbas, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Fortunbas Lorekeeper

This is a change from the cascades from various expansions.

The raid focus always matches the highest focus but in TDS this is not true.
    High end cultural requires a raid drop and is fiercely contested - at least in my guild; and now that the raid water has made it in to the game folks are now making the items. The problem is the focus doesnt compare to the new TDS focus. 52 to 100 pct for new cultural and 54 to 100 for new TDS raid class armor is not cool. For DPS the extra 2 pct means that TS freaks cant wear cultural any longer :/

Please look at getting this fixed to match the high end focus.

Fortunbas Soulsender
    Antonius Bayle
  2. Maeryn Augur

RoF T4 Raid - 45-100 to 100
    RoF Raid Cultural - 40-100 to 100

VoA T4 Raid - 30-100 to 95
    VoA Raid Cultural - 25-100 to 95

HoT T4 Raid - 25-90 to 90
    HoT Raid Cultural - 20-90 to 90

UF T8 Raid - 15-90 to 90
    UF Raid Cultural - 10-90 to 85

Working as intended.
  3. guado Augur

I just can't believe whoever responsible failed to make the focus effects go up to level 105. :mad:
    Dibab likes this.
  4. Maeryn Augur

[39757] Fire Damage 52-100 L105 (Pyromanic Rancor on TDS Raid Cultural)
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 03:15:00 (1950 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Spell Damage by 52% to 100%
    2: Limit Max Level: 105 (lose 5% per level)
    3: Limit Effect: Current HP
    5: Limit Type: Detrimental
    6: Limit Target: Exclude Caster AE
    7: Limit Target: Exclude Caster PB
    8: Limit Target: Exclude Target AE
    11: Limit Combat Skills: Exclude
    12: Limit Resist: Fire

Lucy History for that focus: 2014-05-20 17:29Initial Entry
    Lucy History for an aug with that focus: Live2014-10-30 17:42Initial Entry

What focus type(s) didn't/don't go up to 105? Group gear ones?
  5. sojuu Augur

With the trend maeryn posted sounds more like its too high and should be more like 45 or 50-100. May get fixed but not in way u like.
  6. guado Augur

Oracle's Reach, which I cannot find spell data for. Raid Cultural. made with Elder Source of Creation
  7. Maeryn Augur

[33715] Spell Range 25 lvl100 (Oracle's Reach on TDS Raid Cultural, Fearlinked Oracle's Reach on RoF Raid Cultural)
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 03:15:00 (1950 ticks), Extendable: Yes, Dispelable: Yes
    1: Increase Spell Range by 29%
    2: Limit Max Level: 100 (lose 5% per level)
    3: Limit Combat Skills: Exclude

Yes, that one is in error, Spell Range 25 lvl105 (which would be 29% range to 105) doesn't exist in the spell database.
  8. guado Augur

Thank you, I was going nuts, thinking I did some combine wrong. This is not fun !
  9. blood & gufts Augur

So basic is that its actually 3% too high when comparing to earlier culturel items ?
    And it should have been 49 - 100.
  10. Iila Augur

Cultural has been around T3 stats in four tier expansions, or the equivalent of a half tier between the ultimate and penultimate tier. Not the best, but still pretty good and (previously) available before the final tier was unlocked.

I don't remember what the t1 raid gear had for focuses on beta, but the cultural focuses are probably mid-way between those and the T2 focuses we got as the only tier.
  11. Apoc Augur

There isnt really much gain from level 95 to 100 as opposed 101 to 105 except maybe one gets resisted less
  12. Apoc Augur

It would be fun however if melee focuses were capped like spell focuses are
  13. sojuu Augur

About as much fun as all mobs being belly casters ;p
    Obiziana likes this.
  14. Apoc Augur

Or if silence made it so you cant swing a weapon
  15. Fortunbas Lorekeeper

Ok, well at least it still matches the high end focus. Thanks Maeryn for posting the compare stats from past expansions. I never realised it was so bad but as Iila said it was always available before the final tier so probably is what prompted the post /shrug. In any case lets hope it doesnt get nerfed since I agree it does look like its broken from the trend in favour of the players with the exception of Oracles reach of course.

Thanks again.

Fortunbas
  16. blood & gufts Augur

I kind of disagree with you in that its broken except for Oracles. Kind of the opposite.

I find that Oracles is broken and should be fixed to have same difference as the previous culturels.

And why is that, so it can continue to be same differerences, also at NeXT expansion where there might be more than 1 tier, that
    people cannot get best focus in the first tier they enter, and then there no real upgrade for focus when getting to NeXT tier.
  17. guado Augur

Does anyone know if Oracle's Reach is intended for level 105? I don't see a valid reason as to why it wouldn't... Every other focus goes up to level 105. Why exclude Oracle's Reach?

I don't want to call Jansan out here, since I don't even know if this is his territory (Who is responsible for CULTURAL?) Who has the ability to change items? I've reached out to Jansan, JChan, Chandrok, Aristo, pretty much anyone who has anything to do with items or coding. Someone please set me straight here, I want to make sure this doesn't get ignored in the December update.
  18. Crystilla Augur

Jansan is in charge of Tradeskills.

There are some folks on vacation now (that post expansion launch vacation), so if you're not getting a reply that could be why.
  19. Maeryn Augur

What it "should" be is trickier. Going by Lucy/Zam drop info you need to go back a long ways to find a direct comparison.

The only content Serpent's Seal drops in:

Serpent's Seal of the Pyromancer - 1-60 to 75
    TSS AG/FC Raid Armor - 1-65 to 75

The only content Faceted Sunshard drops in:

Sunshard Seal of the Pyromancer - 1-65 to 75
    TBS Solteris Armor - 1-65 to 77

Then non-direct comparison starts with Prismatic Faycite dropping in:

Faycite Seal of the Pyromancer - 1-70 to 80
    SoF T3 Raid Armor - 1-70 to 80
    SoF T4 Raid Armor - 1-75 to 80

And adding to my earlier post

RoF T4 Raid - 45-100 to 100
    RoF Raid Cultural - 40-100 to 100
    RoF T1 Raid - 35-100 to 100

VoA T4 Raid - 30-100 to 95
    VoA Raid Cultural - 25-100 to 95
    VoA T1 Raid - 15-100 to 95

HoT T4 Raid - 25-90 to 90
    HoT Raid Cultural - 20-90 to 90
    HoT T1 Raid - 10-90 to 90

UF T8 Raid - 15-90 to 90
    UF Raid Cultural - 10-90 to 85
    UF T6 Raid - 5-90 to 85

I was just correcting that Cultural has not matched the Top Tier armor. The last precedent for Cultural augs only dropping from a single tier of content is a long time ago. Beating Arx1 twice on average you will get slightly more than 3 pair of Gloves with 54-100 to 105 Cold Focus for relevant classes and you will get average around 1 Cultural aug which currently has an option of 52-100 to 105 Cold Focus.

Reducing the focus because a guild can farm ONE set of cultural on average every 4 months while only beating Defense of the City (Arx1) seems like overkill, twice a month someone in the guild getting full TDS raid level focus on a cultural aug would not be an unreasonable reward.

Oracle and other Cultural augs which provide focus found on 2 or more separate pieces of non-cultural gear have an additional issue in deciding what the focus amount "should" be. Although Arms, Legs, Neck, Range and Ears which provide focus found on 2 separate pieces of cultural gear have no adjustment.
    guado likes this.
  20. Croak Augur

If you want to look at historical stats the most obvious is that UF tier 8 has lv90 focus because it was released late.
    Maybe the highest tier CotF gear should have a full lv105 focus.

Cultural has for a long time been poor man's other than being able to (unintentionally?) stack certain raid focuses in multiple slots.