New Computer

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Castaway, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Castaway New Member

Can anyone tell me which EQ files I need to copy/transfer to a new computer to maintain my options and characters UI set-ups please?
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Basically any file with a character name in it. Some are in the main of Everquest. If you have any sort of custom UI settings I would copy over the UIfiles folder.. cant hurt if you aretn sure and then there is the userdata folder which might just be bazaar stuff but again won't hurt copying it over.
  3. Gialana Augur

You could copy over the entire directory to save on download time/ data total. Custom UI files should be in their own directory (user interface, perhaps?). You'll want all of the files in the base EverQuest folder that have your characters' names in the filename. Those will preserve things like hotkeys and window positions. You probably want to copy over the *.ini files, as well. Those (that?) has filter settings, key bindings, and other things that apply to every character launched from that folder.

May as well copy your maps folder, as well.

There might also be another folder called something like User Data where there would be files with your characters' names in the filename. However, I don't think those files are used, anymore. Only the character name files in the base folder should currently be used.
  4. Castaway New Member

Thank you both! Made my transition to a much better gaming machine pretty flawless