new character select screen

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Sirene_Fippy, Apr 29, 2023.

1. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

The new character select loading screen is really beautiful. Totally surprised me. I didn't log in for a minute because I was just looking at it.. really well done.
  2. Grove Augur

And I was surprised that the change happened in early evening rather than overnight.
    Rijacki likes this.
  3. Kukaw Augur

WOW...Absolutely stunning!
    Job well done!
    Rijacki likes this.
  4. Gr8fuldave Augur

I literally logged on here to say this. Can we PLEASE have a zone like this in the next expansion? I will never leave it
    Rijacki likes this.
  5. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I, too, am enamored by the new background. It's so very lovely and would be nice as a tranquil quest/gathering hub.
  6. Hegsheoshed Augur

I just now logged in a fresh client to see what all the hubbub was about. Now I want to run around and explore the limited area and find a hidden cave. I think the other characters were visible in that old character select where you could run around.
    Rijacki likes this.
  7. Mikana Augur

/agree - looks great :)
  8. Brickhaus Augur

It looks like someone found the red palette on a first assignment with the EQ art tools. It looks like nothing in the game currently. Maybe someone has watched too many YouTube Bob Ross videos.

If it's a hint of what's to come (ie next expansion), I guess it's okay (personally not that enamored with it). But I much prefer the character background on the select page to reflect something that could exist in the game.
  9. Yukaan the Bear Journeyman

10. Iven the Lunatic

Looks great but it has some flaws:
    • Why is it always night ?
    • Why does it snow ?
    • The tree branches are to flat and should receive more polygons
    • It is to colorfull/saturated for a very cloudy sky during night
  11. Jedis Arch Mage

WTB old client option that let you "explore" the character select loading zone by moving around in it. Always wondered why that option got removed.
    Rijacki likes this.
  12. Iven the Lunatic

13. Crashdummy Elder

It looks like they managed to hire some of the artists they were wanting, and probably 4 months or so before the graphics are locked in for next expansion.