New Character Achievements

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by strikemaster, Feb 18, 2014.

1. strikemaster Journeyman

Had been off for a few weeks, when I came back on, noticed that all expansions now have charcter achievements. Although, most of them are only "traveller" type. Is there anything in the works to expand that, such as the Hunter, Quests, Raid, Tasks, etc as it has been on the last few Xpacs?
  2. smash Augur

No, only traveller.
  3. Draego Augur

We can only hope for the love of EQ, not.....
  4. Braveheart Augur

I think it's wrong I have to go back and travel places I have already been. I don't think there is a zone in the game I have not been.
    Sinestra and Moklianne like this.
  5. Moklianne Augur

I don't understand why they couldn't tell the majority of them from character flags. As an example, if you were flagged for VT, then you know that any zone from which a drop was required you've been. Not just SSRA temple and obviously the grey, but all of the zones that had lucid shards in them and connecting zones (especially if there was only one route).

If you were flagged for PoTime, then you should have already visited all of the elemental planes and their respected 'B' zones.

If you still have a no drop item from a specific zone, then you have already have been to that zone and should have gotten credit, etc.

It may seem trivial, but it could have been implemented much better. They really could have cut down the list for us if they wanted to.
  6. Moklianne Augur

Oh, and the housing ones are just ridiculous. I personally would like to see them removed. I had a hard time finding the smaller guild halls that were open to the public and my server is pretty populated. I can't imagine the frustration some will have on less populated servers. Not to mention the Hermit house looks like any other house, ugh.
  7. Stickietoes Augur

To make it a "bit" easier, Right clicking the houses will tell you what it is, including Hermits Hideaway.
  8. Tobynn Augur

Implementing a dozen different different methods of deducing what zones you may have visited in the past, based on character flags, based on inherited character flags, based on items possessed, based on items no longer possessed but once collected during quests ... that doesn't sound trivial whatsoever. Sounds like a monumentally complex system that can go wrong in a hundred ways.

Tracking only the zone ID# you have recently visited ... now that sounds trivial in comparison. That's precisely what we have.