New and Improved Hot Zone System

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Laylaih, Apr 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malbro Augur

They can be both.
  2. Lily Augur

There's a good way to spawn reavers. In the flat area in front of the elevator, there are several groups of mobs, either roaming or standing against the wall. I believe they can spawn from any of these mobs. The trick is to kill all but 1 in each group. They respawn quickly. But If you kill the whole group, the respawn time is much longer.
  3. Lily Augur

Good to know,thanks. I thought I remembered killing a clockwork reaver and not getting an update.
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

5. segap Augur

Could it be people are coming in with tracking and cherry picking those they find? Are there multiple mobs on the same spawn table which might actually require people clear stuff and see what pops on respawn?
  6. Dre. Altoholic

Underfoot hot zones. Really?
  7. Funk Augur

1. It takes 2 minutes to get to Arthicrex, that must not be convenient enough for you.
    2. Oh there are a few see invis mobs on the way.....or maybe you'd like a red carpet rolled out for you to the mobs needed for your task? Kill those mobs and make your way to the destination.
    3. Underfoot is 85 hard mode? So there are zones in the game that are dangerous? Wow what a concept, adventuring through dangerous places where one could possibly die if not intelligent when crawling through. Oh wait, you didn't want to crawl through a dungeon...you just wanted to kill 5 mobs in 5 minutes and be done.

/rant off
  8. Malbro Augur

I was under the impression that hotzones were the same on all servers. On Luclin, it is not fortress mech but meldrath's mansion.
  9. Dre. Altoholic

You make a lot of baseless assumptions about me. Trolling attempt failed.

Time will tell how often these zones will actually get used. For now it's pretty nice - zero competition.

Getting friends to join? Now that's a different story.
  10. Lenowill Augur

Admittedly, I would have given the devs bonus points for style if "Cooling" Chamber had been one of the "hot" zones. :3

But yeah... time will tell on these. The biggest issue I see with the Underfoot HZs is that any group actually wanting exp at that level will probably get (massively) quicker and (massively) safer experience per time by running Gribbles instead. And doing Underfoot hotzones at-level without a group would be a terrible idea for almost everyone. Basically, the incentive for adventuring there should probably be cranked up a notch in some way (even if it's just with an extra super-cool aug or something) in order for them not to feel disproportionately horrible compared to alternatives.

Fort Mech I would totally take 80s friends to (and get them to work on part of the face aug while they were there), and will in fact be doing so in the near future for my currently 80 to 85 casual play group. Foundation and Arthi, not so much.

On EMarr, we had the set with Meldrath's in it on the day the new HZ system launched. Then the next day our HZs got swapped to the FortMech/Foundation/Arthi/etc. set.

I am guessing that different servers having different HZs is unintentional and hopefully it'll be fixed with the next full patch. (Any devs still glancing at this thread, take note.)

I'm not even averse to the idea of different servers having different HZs, but I never saw any mention of this being the intention so I'm guessing it's a bug.
  11. CAM81 New Member

you guys may as well change dailys back to grounds and valley, everything in 90 Hz isnt ever up with me in the zone only and 95 HZ pillars is to damn far of a run and still not enough mobs up
    Bhean likes this.
  12. Rhodz Augur

There is a lot evidence now that the trend from DB is reducing the amount/ease of xp.
    Fact is it was far easier before and more productive, could not care less about the quests they were always just a little bonus.
    Absolutely the HAs are now the better path if xp is the aim.
    Dont mind it at all but it would be nice to know if indeed that is the point to force things into the newer expansions.
    Have not tried all the HZs but what we have done was not anything we would do to level/AA hence we don't.
  13. Bhean New Member

lvl 95 hotzone Alra? 12 hoppers in the whole zone? what were you thinking, SOE? foodlings and clicknar paragons? Again only enough in the zone to support one group at a time. You really messed this update up
  14. Bhean New Member

You said it!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.