New Agnarr Competition? *Brainstorming*

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dafroo, May 21, 2018.

1. Dafroo Journeyman

As the race for guild progression is slowly coming to an end, I wanted to see if anyone would be willing to do some friendly competition between guilds in order to keep the fun going so we don't turn into another dead server in a few months.
    One idea I was thinking about was some sort race. Maybe set some limitations on raid size since we want more guilds involved.
    Maybe 30 players max.
    First guild to clear NToV (all dragons? just Vulak?) wins.
    First guild to complete the most classic raids in 3 hours? (whatever time)
    How many raids can a guild win fighting naked at 65 (or just weapons? how would you enforce rules?)
    Each raid could have a spectator box in to make sure no one is cheating. (using a previously half completed dz, adding additional players outside the 30 cap, etc.)
    No prizes, or maybe get DBG GMs on board for that stuff?
    Yay, nay? Just something to shoot around between you guys.
    snailish likes this.
  2. MaxTheLion Augur

Only 26 days since PoP unlocked and already coming up with ideas on how to keep players engaged. While I wish the server great health and continued success, this post is not a good omen.
  3. Aegir Augur

Don't worry. LDoN Leaderboard will soon fullfill all competitive needs for Coirnav!
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Speed clear PoTime, post your best times.
    Engage CT and Bertox simultaneously in P5.
    Engage Tallon and Vallon simultaneously in P4
    Engage Terris and Saryrn simultaneously in P4
    Split your raid and do time with 30 toons in each split.
    Roll an alt and do planar progression again
    snailish likes this.
  5. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Oh my.
  6. snailish Augur

Roll alts and purposely bring in at least 1 not guilded person (vs. running 6-persons of guildies) while leveling would be one of the best ways to keep the server feeling active.

I hesitate to suggest it (as it can go badly with disorganization or overly-intense leadership), but offering open raids and doing goofy events that you let outsiders join can build community.
  7. Grubbie New Member

If they had the server designed to be exactly in era ... my money would be on it lasting a lot longer. AK lasted for how long with no updates for, 10+ years? All the instancing, potions, etc., killed the possible longevity before it even got started.
  8. Raina Elder

Agnarr had an expiry date that everyone knew ahead of time. Things generally don't taste very good after the expiration date, don't try to force it and sour your eq experience ;)
    TLP Addict likes this.
  9. Darchon_Xegony Augur

AK mostly lasted because of very low populations and no 85/15 gimping rule.

Having raids of 30-40 as high numbers meant it was difficult to progress and everyone needs every flag in order to get into Elemental and Time.

Im sure Agnarr will last a bit but it won't be going strong in 10 years when you can instance Time, 85/15 push and backflag new Alts in and clear it with 30 characters due to all the DPS buffs and AA changes.
  10. Numiko Augur

Roll an alt and do planar progression again.....

11. DeseanJackson Augur

I like some of the ideas a little down the road. The sever may not be for everyone long term, but that's why some are here. Once LDoN progressions has wrapped up, may be a nice idea to revisit.
  12. Gana Augur

Go back thru all content and complete it with a raid force of all one class.
  13. jeskola pheerie

I cant wait until the threads about the hackers that bot ldon normals begin.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.