Fixed Network lag since 9-16

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Vekaras, Sep 20, 2023.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

EQ Discord shows same complaint with players cross different servers. Not only raid, but different zones as well. We called raid early.
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. Fenthen aka Rath

FV closed raids early as a result. Wiped us on Deepshade 1 when we all lost connectivity for 3 minutes.
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

ETA on network/routing fixes?
    I have no lag as others do, Comcast/Xfinity in the PNW. Seems localized to midwest and northeastern US, from what I have seen as others have complained for the past 4 days.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

Seems to be 2 lag issues. One affects an entire zone, and one affects some individuals.
  5. Windance Augur

We managed to finish the raid but suffered 6+ lag spikes where the connection bar hit 70-80% before coming back to 100%.

It seemed each lag spike was maybe 5-10 min apart. It was just long enough that we were able for off tanks to grab the boss/adds. Rez up the dead, do a few buffs, then brace of the next round lag spike.

Hope you all can figure out what was going and correct it. ( and give us an explanation )
  6. Cindane Journeyman

Adding myself to the list of complaints re: *severe* server lag since latest patch. In my case - it appears only in raid instances. I play on the Antonius Bayle server, and only affects my play in raid instances. Today, so far, I had issues in every raid instance starting in Shar Vahl. Spell gems do NOT refresh, AAs can not be used. I can confirm it is not my connection to the Internet; discord works fine, Internet browsers aren't an issue at all; occurs only trying to raid in instances in NoS. In my case I am connecting to the Euro server from the Northeast U.S. and this hasn't been an issue for me in 12 years. Til today. An update would be appreciated.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Last night the entire server was having lag spikes, big ones. Bertoxx. Everyone in my guild throughout Norrath reported it happening to them at the same times.

The network connection meter in-game (F11) was showing the percentage starting to drop, as if going link dead. This went on for maybe 20 seconds or more before restoring to normal. In one case our tank died during this.

This happened several times that night.
    Barton likes this.
  8. Svann2 The Magnificent

Not seeing raid lag tonight.
  9. niente Developer

Is anyone still seeing significant connection issues for everyone in the zone at once?
    i.e. the netstat meter [IMG] dropping for 5+s or long enough that everyone in the zone is disconnected.
  10. Windance Augur

We had no major lag spikes during Sunday nights raid.
    niente likes this.
  11. Windance Augur

No major lag spikes Monday night. Hopefully whatever was happening has been fixed.
  12. Aoibhinn New Member

Not true. Comcast here, Washington state. Lag has been super bad for over a week now
  13. Fenthen aka Rath

Same, Comcast/Xfinity in the Seattle area, but zero lag for me. Might be something else on your side.
  14. Filter Augur

In CO and was getting the lag during raid. There were others in all other parts of the country and got it at the same time. Not everyone got the lag just 15 folks or so. One person in the raid had a box on the raid and one character was getting the lag and the other wasn't.
  15. Vizhip New Member

This is also occurring on The Rathe server, specifically when the raid force is in close to each other and casting/melee the mobs all in melee range where lag has a chance to occur prior to the patch. It now is so bad that it takes seconds just to turn the character to run when the emote requires that action and some have even died before they could get more than a few steps towards the required destination. In our cast it has been NOS raids.
  16. Ratalthor Developer

The lag initially reported in this thread was externally caused and we believe that it is resolved now. If you are having specific lag issues, please open up a new bug thread with details. Thanks!