Nero vs Enchanter

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Demascuss, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Demascuss Journeyman

This isn't a which ones better set up, just a pro's vs cons kind of thing. I'm an altoholic, thus my highest level char is only 91. I want to buckle down and focus on just one character. And I decided on these two.

I am familiar with Necro's (have one at 80), but nothing yet with a Chanter (currently leveling one at 43).

Few things I'm curious about, like how well can each one handle a Named mob? Does one have more access to certain places due to abilities or what not? You know, things along those lines.

The fact that the Enchanter WILL take more work is not a detriment nor deciding factor :)
  2. Yimin Augur

Both are good , so many play Necromancer they very common , Enc IMO more wanted since they not as common ....

Yi Min
  3. sifonin Augur

There are many necros running around.. Not so many elite ones, however. When and if you choose necro make sure to research necrotalk.com
  4. Ghubuk Augur

Oh, and you are not allowed to be a high level necro unless you know the necro's first fight rule.
    sifonin likes this.
  5. Random_Enchanter Augur

Necro's are arguably the game's best solo class, they can solo or molo just about anything in the game rather easily. In a quick killing group they aren't as good due to the duration needed to ramp up there DPS. In the raid area they are the main boss killers.

Enchanter's are one of the two support class (bards being the other) and are more caster support focused. In the solo/molo game enchanters are going to have trouble with higher DPS and HP named.That being said enchanters are (in my mind) the most flexible class out there to play. In the group game enchanters allow for a group to funnel mobs, act as tanks, or play (slightly poor) DPS. In the raid game enchanters having something to do besides DPS is (in my experience) the lynch pin of the raid.
  6. Demascuss Journeyman

First fight rule of Necro's is that we don't talk about the fight rules!
    Yeah my necro has spent all but 3 hours of his time solo/molo. He's used to being a good soloer and for the level 80 range, I've got him figured out pretty well.

I'm leaning towards Enchanters simply due to their diversity and I can either find a group easily due to that, or still solo rather well
    Ghubuk likes this.
  7. graft New Member

If you know what you are doing and know how to manage your runes you can solo pretty well with an enchanter. But that is really something that takes skill. So if you are a boxed enchanter you probably wont know how to do it, but if you are playing it as a main you should be fine.
  8. Time Burner 2 Augur

CC isn't quite as needed as it used to be:

Slows are often partially resisted now (meaning they don't slow as much - so really slows are not as required as they used to be).

Social mob agro radius is getting laughably low in many places. Not all - but many.

Tanks can tank multiple yellow con mobs now if they own current gear. This would have been pretty tough back in the day.

Mind candy is not as needed as it used to be:

We have greatly enhanced OOC regen, and often people can cast while sitting on mounts. There are also mana regen potions.

Perhaps enchanters bring something else to the table to make them as attractive to groups as they used to be, but I don't hear people begging for them like they used to. I certainly never look for one, and I chain pull multiple yellow cons.
  9. Random_Enchanter Augur

Enchanters aren't, and most likely will never be, required for groups ever again. Requiring CC on every last thing is a sure fire way to make people not have fun.

That being said having CC helps a lot. The ability to pull 6/7 mobs at a time and take one down at a time makes killing a lot faster, and smoother than chain pulling a single mob at a time.

enchanters have also gained the ability to do decent DPS, while providing top end ADPS for any caster or hybrid class (themselves included). And can take damage subbing in for a tank for general trash mobs and low DPS named.
  10. Khauruk Augur

Guys, he's talking about the Emperor of Rome, not necromancers. Nero!
    Steampunk likes this.
  11. Ozni Elder

Nero is stronger on burns and stringed instruments.
    Steampunk likes this.
  12. Imminent Journeyman

I box Chanter and Necro. Love the combination and versatility of having pet tank, dps, cc, debuffs, buffs, pulling (either) for any situation I have come across.