Nerf Mearates (Now)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ShadowMan, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryino Elder

Yeah just the one win, might go back tonight depending on numbers with it being an off night due to the holiday.
  2. Allayna Augur

Thunderkiks likes this.
  3. Ibudin Augur

Yes, if you leave your guild over not beating this, your sad individual.

What is even locked behind this win but a few items of gear and an achievement?
  4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

um.. it was Memorial weekend.. our raids were cancelled. I'm betting others were as well.
  5. Lianeb Augur

The earliest you can expect a nerf to this is June 19 with patch notes out on the 12th. Complaining no one beat it this week or next, every raid week will not change the patch cycle.
    Brohg, Axxius, Allayna and 1 other person like this.
  6. Endaar Augur

Well there are likely two reasons...first, you have no way of knowing if the "majority" of people want it nerfed. I don't even think either of us can speak to whether the majority of RoV want it nerfed, let alone other guilds. And as you know I personally do not want it nerfed, so as far as 'official' RoV votes on the boards here, we're tied. :)

The second reason - and I suspect this is the real issue - is they may not be sure how to nerf the event without totally gutting it. Obviously 25% is the wall most guilds hit. It seems to me the designers were looking for an event that builds up to a crescendo; 100-25 introduces new mechanics and 25-0 hits you with all of them at once. I think we're at a point where minor tweaks around the edges are not going to get the next few guilds a win, so the devs may have to look at a larger restructuring to still keep the pacing of the event while reducing the difficulty.
    Cailen likes this.
  7. Unending_Entitlement New Member

8. Unending_Entitlement New Member

9. Maedhros High King

Welcome new member!
  10. p2aa Augur

The last decent difficulty raid of an expansion was in TDS expansion, Calix and Lanys event. Took at least 14-40 days to kill it for top 10 guilds.
    Since then, on easy last raids of next expansions (TBM, EoK and RoS), it has been hard to distinguish which guild in the top 2-10 was better than the others. Even when these guilds were ending only a few days after RoI, it has always been cleared that RoI was ahead of others.
    Then came TBL with a very hard ending event. First of all, it cleared any doubt some people could have that RoI was ending first in recent expansions due to raiding on lockouts.
    But most importantly, and this is the main reason of my post, it allowed to rank better next guilds in the top 2-10, skill wise.
  11. Coas Lorekeeper

There really is no need to nerf this again. The reason being, it's not blocking you from progression. There are no raids unlocked after this one obviously, and it isn't keeping you from any special kind of gear. I think every final raid event of all expansions should be legitimately difficult. This is not a "git good" post or to make people feel bad for not beating it yet. If you're not able to beat it, continue farming other TBL raids along with GMM and come back when you're ready. I think this is one of the best designed raids in recent expansions and probably the most fun raid since pre-nerf plane of war.
    Tolzol and bbanz like this.
  12. Endaar Augur

In theory I agree with you and have posted similarly elsewhere. In reality I'm not so sure anymore. Except for beating the enrage timer, this isn't a gear event and so farming elsewhere won't help. The challenge here is entirely skill-based. Most guilds have some portion of players that are "good enough" for most events, but "good enough" doesn't work for UEE, and that leaves guilds that can't get past 25% with some unpleasant choices.
  13. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

You are entitled to your opinion about the difficulty of the raid and whether or not changes should be made.

You should not make false statements. All 4 evolving gear pieces are locked behind full TBL raid achievements (as well as the rest of TBL) for level 6.
    Allayna likes this.
  14. Spellfire Augur

I agree but .... I've seen people who were loyal to their guilds for years leave and join one of guilds that beat this event (not saying the only reason for leaving was Mearatas; most likely there were other issues involved as well).

Like Endaar said, farming TBL is not going to help. If people are not good enough to beat the event, then what (we can't all go and join RoI :p)? It seems like a waste of devs time to design a raid that only 5 guilds are able to beat.
  15. tyrantula Elder

Mearatas shouldn't be nerfed anymore than it already has. As Coas pointed out, it isn't a roadblock for anything (other than evolving already BiS chase loot to max level). The rest of TBL is farm mode once you get the strats down. Keep people on their toes.
  16. svann Augur

Just nerf the lag part and Id be fine with it.
    Seriously, dont design fights that your server cant keep up with!

Yes guilds have beat it despite server lag, but fighting the server shortfalls should never be a significant portion of any organized fight.
    Allayna likes this.
  17. Whulfgar Augur

Question..

Anyone know why the lag is even there ?

Mechanics of the raid ?

Auras?

Number of things being drawn (like opening all your bags type deal?)

Any one have guesses ?
  18. Horyuken Augur

I asked the question a while back and got no responce. It has to be load on the server, Scripts running, spells being cast, damage calculations, etc. I can't think of any other reason for it really. Devs is this events script more complicated then most ?
  19. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Sorry, but you're wrong. Unless you want to see players leave the game because they're utterly frustrated because of beating the head against the wall because of one event. Then there are less raiding guilds in the game again.. and if you really think they'll make lots of raids for the few remaining raid guilds after things hit the fan, you're delusional.
    Mintalie likes this.
  20. tyrantula Elder

It's not a gatekeeping raid. If it was required for purchasing muhbis from the raid vendor or something like that, maybe. Even the guilds that have beat it have issues with it if *everyone* isn't putting in 110%. It's a hard raid and meant for the absolute top tier raiders. Where you have 99% content for the 99%, let the 1% be for the 1%.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.