Need some advice.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Thomasmgp, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Thomasmgp Elder

OK I have a level 100 paladin on FV. I am in mostly Cotf group gear with a few pieces of cheap RoF raid gear I was able to save up and buy. I have a lot of time invested in this character as I started playing on FV the day it went live. I want to start raiding but I dont think I will be able to on FV. Theres only 3 raid guilds. 1 is the uber guild so that one is probably out since I have no raid experience. Close second or maybe even tied only raids PST times so thats out cause of work. The only other option is a guild with a lot of people that I just dont like. A few have been just out right rude when in groups by putting down other people. Not to mention training and KSing of other groups I was in as well. Im sure not everyone in the guild is like this but enough people have wronged me for me to never consider joining them.

So since I cant make the raid times in one guild and the other has a lot of members that I dont like does that mean I have to reroll on another server since transfers arent allowed? Also since they are nerfing PLing its not like I can just sell all my FV gear, buy some Kronos, then resell them on my new server and get boosted back up to 100. I really want to start raiding but its either raid with people I dont like or give up a character I have worked hard on and start over.
  2. Donrilien New Member

/testcopy

That's the only way off of FV. Test has a raid guild that is more laid back, and working on a raid alliance.

I don't know if they are even recruiting, but I wouldn't give up on your character; it might be worth a shot. The name of the guild is Legions of Blackburrow.

Copy over and check it out. If you have any questions, look me up. My character name is Tuldiane, also a 100 Paladin.
    moogs likes this.
  3. moogs Augur

Another option is to petition for a server transfer to the server of your choice. The request will probably be granted on the condition that your character will be stripped naked.
  4. Vannie Journeyman

Buy low, sell high.
  5. CrazyLarth Augur

have your checked the guild boards for family raid guilds they can be great places to learn to raid.
    Not all raid guilds post on the progress boards.
  6. moogs Augur

The entrance requirements for most raiding guilds are pretty lax. By the time you're 92-100 you can get pretty good gear for hardly anything in the bazaar. That's enough to begin raiding. My advice would be to try a mid-level raiding guild first so you can get used to how it all works and get some experience under your belt.

A hardcore raiding guild may or may not be what you really want out of EQ. If you try it out and get some raiding experience (and hopefully a raid shield and weapon), you'll be in a better position to move into the guild of your choice.
  7. dundada3100 Elder

if hes on FV there literally are only 3 guilds (FnF, SoA, and Valhallah) If you cant raid PST that rules out SoA right off the bat. If you dont like members in one of the other guilds then that leaves you only 1 guild to chose from. Something really should be done about that. People are always going to find people they dont get along with and they should be allowed to group with people they do like. But if its either guild with people you dont like or dont raid then the system is broken and needs to be fixed. Personally I would never raid with people I dont like and that shoudnt even be an option. If you want to raid you should be allowed to search for a guild that fits your schedule and has people in it you like. Not be forced to join a guild with some people who you dont get along with or not raid at all.
  8. Khaibasis Journeyman

Try the first guild.

Raiding guilds are usually not interested in your current gear, though it may be different on FV.

If they have room for you, you probably don't need to be a crazy-good player, you just need to be able to follow emotes, follow orders, and do your basic jobs.

If you do end up starting over, look on the bright side: you get to play more.
    moogs likes this.