Need advice on 90ish solo content

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Daivid, May 30, 2015.

1. Daivid Lorekeeper

This has boggled me for some time now.
    I hear often enough ppl grinding out pulls of up to 5 to 10 mobs and doing so to level or gain AA.
    But I as a BER am here in Old Bloodfields where mobs are 85ish and my level 92 am getting nearly slaughtered on one pull.

Have I chosen a class that can not solo well?

Am I missing out on a few AC points to tip me over and if so is there a "you should have this much AC at this level" grid somewhere? (I think my AC sits at roughly 5400ish)

AA wise I'm nearing 6000.

Any clue as to what you may think is wrong would be appreciated
    Thank you

ps: most of the time I'm self buffed (clickies, aura, epic 1.5 or maybe I still have 1.0)
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I would say yes. Best solo class (really best class if what you care about is power) is necro.

You say you are soloing, do you mean moloing (you and a mercenary)?

Many classes just don't do well soloing. Some that can solo ok still take a long time to kill mobs. If you want to play a solo game, I would suggest a necro or mage.

And using a mercenary is very helpful whatever your class. Just which class mercenary depends on your class and play style. When DGC had a sale on extra mercenary slots, I bought three extra and now I can use any type as needed.
  3. Daivid Lorekeeper

oops yes molo =)
    Necro or possibly mage you say. well that actually sounds fun =)
    Time to get crack'n
  4. Sancus Augur

First off, your premise seems to be a bit misinformed. Not many classes are going to be doing pulls of 5-10 for xp while solo. Some kiting classes might be pulling 4+, but for most classes I don't really see a reason to pull 5-10 solo unless you're very overpowered for the content.

That being said, zerkers really aren't a good solo class. For pure power Necros and Mages are the best, though for xp speed Mages fall behind a number of other classes (though with the advent of HAs for XP over grinding, that may have changed).
  5. Quatr Augur

5400 seems low at 92. I think my Monk's buffed AC was around 6600 (Bazaar gear) at that level. My buffed HP was around 80K and I could easily molo in Old Bloodfields at that level, although 5 at a time didn't become feasible until a few levels later.
  6. Shallizar Lorekeeper

I was able to molo on my 87 monk in old blood fields without much danger when killing singles. Monk was heroic
  7. SneakyFast Journeyman

As others have mentioned, BER (and Rogues) do not solo well at all. You might want to reconsider the class if you want to be able to solo well. A lot of the content later on will be out of your reach if you solo as a BER. Make a friend with a tank and that will change completely.