Not A Bug Nedaria's Landing/Jaggedpine Forest Forage Bug

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by E4MC, Mar 10, 2023.

1. E4MC New Member

Last night, my 81 ranger spent approximately five hours foraging in the stone-tile floor areas adjacent to both sides of the zone-line between Nedaria's Landing and Jaggedpine Forest. My character has a 200 forage skill level and the Natures Bounty AA. Approximately every 3 to 5 forage attempts, the forage yielded only one item. Periodically, the forage attempt yielded nothing.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

So I took my 120 Ranger down there today after reading this. All the foraging was normal - either 2 or 3 items each time.

You mentioned Nature's Bounty but what does you show for Forage under General? It should be 4/10 at your level.

I am on Tunare, you didn't mention your server like if its a TLP or ? So we can't tell yet if its a server issue or it could be you don't have enough AA in Forage

You could always get a Foraging Machete to help increase your forage skill but honestly it sound like RNG hit your forage which is a common problem. I have other forage characters of lower levels who often get nothing no matter where they are.
  3. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

There's always a chance for forage to return nothing, but there's also the chance that you had foraged Pine Sap. Pine Sap is lore, thus you return nothing but a duplicate lore item message.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  4. E4MC New Member

Server is Bristlebane. It's probably because I don't have the forage AA's but I've been playing this game for 20+ years and this is the only zone this has happened to me.
  5. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I also wondered if there were any other lore items on the loot table. EQTC only concerns itself with viable tradeskill items and I don't know of a forages by zone table, but my first guess was just lore bounce
  6. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

I know there are a bunch more items in JPF, I just don't recall them. I wanted to raise up some TSing a ways back and thought it would be an easy spot to grab those items... it was not. loads of no trade and lore and quest forages, very few of the desired TS items.
  7. GNOME_POWER Augur

Cazic-Thule - Fennin Ro Level 79 Ranger
    My character has a 250 forage skill level and the Natures Bounty AA.
    All the foraging was normal - either 1 or 2 items each time.

After several hours of foraging...

Nedaria`s Landing - Forage Items
    Berries
    Dew of the Hatchling
    Fishing Grubs
    Jaggedpine Needles
    Jaggedpine Sap
    Pine Sap
    Plant Shoot
    Pod of Water
    Rabbit Meat
    Roots
    Shadowjade Fern Leaves
    Shadowjade Fern Seeds
    Shadowjade Moss
    Tuft of Fox Fur
    Tuft of Gray Wolf Fur
    Tuft of Grizzly Bear Fur
    Vegetables

Jaggedpine Forest - Forage Items
    Berries
    Black Bear Skull
    Dew of the Hatchling
    Fishing Grubs
    Fox Skull
    Fruit
    Jaggedpine Needles
    Jaggedpine Sap
    Pine Sap
    Plant Shoot
    Pod of Water
    Shadowjade Fern Leaves
    Shadowjade Fern Seeds
    Shadowjade Moss
    Tuft of Black Bear Fur
    Tuft of Fox Fur
    Tuft of Gray Wolf Fur
    Tuft of Grizzly Bear Fur
    Vegetables
  8. Aanuvane Augur

9. Aanuvane Augur

I will log anything that can be foraged - even if it isn't used for tradeskills. Same thing with vendor inventories - if I update them, I'll try to include everything that vendor carries regardless. I just don't log non-tradeskill mob drops.