Necros boxing

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Darkoon, Mar 31, 2022.

1. Darkoon Journeyman

What's your opinion of four 120 necromancers with em29+EM30 tanks with Merc healer.
    Each necro having cov raid gear and ToL coagulated gear.
    How effective a boxing group would that be?
  2. Sup Rog Elder

Well, a solo necro can take out pretty much any named, so that would be pretty powerful lol.
  3. Lyyr Lorekeeper

4 necros would be kind of waste honestly. Most trash mobs would die before dps ramped up above mediocre levels, but with practice you could swarm kill an insane number of mobs. With some parsing and careful dot planning you could probably clear a very impressive amount of trash before repops. Pet pathing would be a frequent cause of frustration. AE healing would be hilariously good and probably reliable. Named of course would absolutely melt and that would be the content you would want to focus on with this kind of a group. Some missions that are not dot friendly would be far more difficult than they should be.

Unless you really enjoy killing trash and named drop it to 2 necros and add a tank and healer or a bard.
    Prepared likes this.
  4. Rizzin Elder

There are a few (several?) missions that need a real tank because the mobs ignore pets and will go after the pet owners instead. I'm not sure if that would be true with a merc tank but it would be worth an experiment. Also, I don't think you need 4 merc healers... 2 would be fine so I'd use 2 DPS mercs (or the aforementioned tank merc and a healer merc).

FWIW, trash would likely take longer to kill than it should due to the time it takes to build up DPS via dots. Perhaps 3 Necros and a Mage? The Mage could add the pet DPS buf (15% increase I think) to all of the pets and lots of A/E options so you could pull a lot of stuff and kill the group of mobs more quickly.