Necromancer theoretical maximum burn order in groups and raids

Discussion in 'Casters' started by DemetriiTZ, Jun 17, 2020.

1. DemetriiTZ New Member

Hey folks, returning necromancer here. I was in a top raiding guild around the time of Demi-Plane of Blood raiding, and a bunch of stuff has changed since then. I see necromancer DoTs are finally being revamped to the point where we are in a Tier 1 DPS position, which is great, and I'm also happy to see they did away with the issue of multiple necromancers stacking the same DoTs on the same enemy. However, I have some questions, and class forums seem to be fairly dead air when it comes to advice these days, with most having much less traffic.

If you're a fairly experienced raiding necromancer, please help me get back to speed:

1. As a Level 115 Necromancer, what is the spell lineup you use in a group?

2. As a Level 115 Necromancer, what is the spell lineup you use in a raid where the mob is not resistant?

3. In what order do you use abilities on a "burn" encounter to achieve maximum output and efficiency if you only have 0-2 minutes to kill an enemy in a group?

4. In what order do you use abilities on a raid boss you are burning to achieve the same?

5. On group trash, what spells and abilities would you pop to achieve high output without "overdoing it", now that mana is an actual concern if efficiency goes out the window?

6. What's a solid place for a solo (or maybe even a duo) of 115 Necromancers with full ToV T1 equipment and spells to grind for solid AA experience and good platinum?

I appreciate all the help and insight, folks!
  2. Ibudin Augur

Sounds like you need a little bench time with the combat dummies and then off to eastern wastes to beat on some easy blue mobs. There is a lot of information here already, just try and search some.
  3. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Do what the rest of us do and open lucy with an excel spreadsheet. I went through and calculated the total DPS of a spell, the mana efficiency ratios and what not. You look at this data vs what you're going to be killing (spells resists raid mobs or xp mobs etc) to determine optimal spell lineup. I use several different spell groupings which are situational.

For your AAs I would recommend you read the descriptions of each one and start experimenting with them...it's the best way to re-learn your class vs having other people just say do this that or the other thing.

The goal for solo xp grinding should be using the bare minimum amount of dots to kill the mob...requires trial and error.