Necromancer Ideas

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Forcallen, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Fintank Augur

I always thought Lifeburn should've worked similarly to Manaburn. Considering if you hit it at the wrong time and it collides with an AOE directly after you can die, it technically has more of a risk factor to it imo. Since they made a recourse for it I figure it'd be neat to have it work like the Manaburn recourse does but only for DOT's. Correct me if I'm wrong but at the moment this ability basically just gets used as a "why not" tool during global CD for some mediocre DPS. Would be nice for something that is potentially detrimental with a long CD to actually have some real use to it.
  2. menown Augur

Or how about a Dracoliche mount? To make the mount really desirable, make it an instant cast mount like our Shadowknight brethren. The fastest cast mount we have access to right now is a 1 sec cast from the Field of Bone SoD raid.
  3. Spellfire Augur

Speaking of our shadow knight brethren, something else comes to mind. Can we have back what we actually had before, and that is 100% fade? I never understood why this was changed.
  4. Forcallen Augur

It was the first thing I asked for.

Its been covered in many a thread already but we have every single pulling tool available since inception (lull, mezz, charm, snare, root, FD, pets, evac, gate, stun, memblur, fear, runes, harmshield) and were the first class in game to have FD. Classes that had zero pulling abilities until much later on were deemed pullers based on the lvl cap of their fade being +5 and those that had 100% fade retained it. Only classes that had broken fades were fixed, ie intended 70% or 50% success rate ignoring that and firing 100% of the time. Except necros who were singled out and took what was an intended 100% fade and changed it to 90% fade out of no where.

The same can be said of our AA slow. It was based off our level 39ish? undead slow of 70%. We asked for an AA version of our spell and it was granted. Then after we had the AA for like a year Aristo then randomly added in a new undead slow spell the next expansion that served zero purpose besides being spell quota filler. As it was inferior to the spell we had had since level 39. Yet somehow that new spell was used a the basis for nerfing our AA slow like a year and a half after the AA line had come to be. Instead of tuning it around our undead slow spell from level 39 that served as its base.
    Frogmancer, Spellfire and menown like this.
  5. kizant Augur

They should at least give you 100% fade vs undead.
  6. Magickon Augur

While I would like death's effigy to be 100% fade just as much as the next guy, I readily admit that in most cases, the level +5 requirement suits me just fine. I'm sure a necro who is not 110 would have a different opinion.

I don't really stress that however, what I would like to see relating necros vs. undead an extension to scourge of fates. We all know that effevium/liquifaction give bonus damage to plant mobs (such as cactii) but it seems like scourge of fates has been forgotten about completely, including by the player base.

With our charm spells not being suitable in the era they are earned (we can't charm mobs in chardok for example, until we are level 110) I'd like to at least see our primary class purpose (dots) be boosted vs. undead.
  7. Belkar_OotS Augur

So I only have a newb alt necro and I'm not impressive on him in the slightest.

But one of my favorite aspects of the necromancer class is a little bit of the role play factor of being a skeletal minion overload.

I find it hugely fun to have swathes of undead minions to summon and send to their deaths, or to fight and do my bidding. Without stealing too much "mages are the supreme pet class" and following that necros already have swarm pets, I'd love to upgrade the pets a bit more and give them more flavor and importance to the operations of a necro.

Since I don't play mine much these ideas may partially exist already.

Summon a gargoyle-esque skeleton minion that has does respectable damage output but stays active for up to 3 minutes, and a nuke that does skeletal explosion, that sacrifices any nearby minions for either AE or single target damage. Can increase the damage for more minions. Idea being so the necro can summon some set number of these mobs, transfer them to a new target to help with sustained damage with many low hp targets (a necro weak spot) but have the option to nuke them down for a burst of damage at the end.

Also upgrade necro taps (and taps over time) to also reflect heals back into their minion swarms so again, provide utility for some lesser used but important class defining spells that can keep the pets rolling versus aes, but not enough to make them actually tank worthy.

Also I'd love to see skeleton mages, archers, and footmen be able to be summoned on a regular basis in an arc around the caster for additional damage. Maybe once the necro gets enough minions up he goes into an overlord mode that provides the necro and or his pets some kind of bonus.
  8. Evurkvest Augur

The lvl 39 slow vs AA slow need to be addressed. The difference isnt huge but its still there. Same with 100% fade, this again doesnt make a huge difference but it really annoying.

Also wish we would get illusion back on RoS pet focus. I never cared much for the EoK and backwards illusion but at least you see what pet is wielding. Plain old skelly would make my day. Or add a dropped/marketplace illusion that is more necrolike and shows weapons. Or finally implement pet gear window.
  9. Magickon Augur

I'm really torn on the undead slow aa situation with scent of terris. I'm even afraid to say why...I'm afraid that since the burn bones line actually temporarily turns the target undead, that someone might feel that our being able to turn a mob undead, and then use a powerful slow on it might be overpowered.

I don't personally think it is, especially since the first nuke has to not be resisted, and then the slow itself has to not be resisted, making it especially unwieldly for a necro to serve as a primary slower in a group situation. In practice...I've never found it to be useful to slow every single mob a group of mine was sighting.

So I do completely agree that binding of mourgis needs to be bumped up. ESPECIALLY since I see that it has a base duration of 90 seconds, vs. 3.5 minutes. Shackle of spirit has a longer casting time, but I see no reason in the world why someone would cast binding of mourgis.

In short, I can somewhat agree that the scent of terris slow vs. undead is fine as it is, especially with it being so fast casting, such a fast refresh, and it also provides the standard scent debuff. It's a very great aa! The undead slow SPELLS that we get in modern expansions however, could use a little work. I'd even be happy with a completely new spell to replace them.

With respect to the pet illusion thing, I agree with your viewpoints, and that's why I use metamorph totem white werewolf. It does visually wield weapons, although the placement of them is a little wonky sometimes. But it has great animations, and is easy to see even in a crowd of NPC's when shrunk. There's probably other examples, but check out the metamorph wands!

(Sometimes I do use the form of mottled bone i llusion spells on pet, but that's generally a waste of time...where the wand I can just click it. It even lasts longer)