Necromancer DOT Update?!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Anon, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Hadesborne Augur

bump--
    We are still here waiting. Some more dev feedback would really be appreciated.
  2. Machentoo Augur

Suggest you post a thread in the Veteran's Lounge. This is not a progression specific issue, and you'll get a wider response there.
  3. Vanrau Augur

You'll need to speak to Aristo about spells. He doesn't respond to PM's or posts so good luck with that.
    PathToEternity likes this.
  4. Machentoo Augur

He also just about never posts in this forum.
  5. Ravanta Suffer Augur

When I quit EQ about 5-6 years ago, having to use multiple spell sets on raid targets is among the primary reasons why the game just wasn't fun anymore. When I decided to kick the tires of Norrath again last summer, nothing had changed on that front. In fact, it seemed like the situation had even gotten WORSE.

I still had a desire to play the game, so I started playing on Agnarr.

I'm sure you also encountered this, but at some point in Kunark I realized this was going to happen again on Agnarr. I don't think I ended up having to use 2 spell sets of dots on the same target in Kunark, but it absolutely happened in Velious.

So no, it's not going to happen anytime soon. I remember reading threads before at least 4 different expansions where people said they thought the new spells would just simply be balanced around necromancers not having to use 16-20+ dots but every single time we have been disappointed.
  6. Schwifty Journeyman

Up to Velious at least, necros are still great dps in raids and if you don't know how to incorporate one into a group, you're doing it wrong. In fact, I just topped the parse on Vulak the other night and always do on Lady Nev and Dain. Each raid mob is different, so I don't see how you can determine that, i.e. monks using only auto attack do almost 2X the damage.

Sure, it's a little embarrassing that ranger's druid line dots are getting close in damage to our biggest dot, and the second best heal class can out burn us, but you don't see them topping the parse on two of the hardest Velious dragons.

If they fix anything in regards to TLPs, it needs to be Chilling Embrace (basically worthless after the shaman line revamp) and the horrible nuke/stun line that is only good for trolling. Even when the very rare conglaciation of bones drops, all you've got is a spell you'll never use.
  7. Darchias Augur

Conglaciation of Bone is researchable bro.
  8. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Darchias, they are not complaining that conflaciation of bones is hard to obtain, they are complaining that the only new dot necromancers get in Velious is Chilling Embrace. It does sound like they are assuming that chilling embrace does not stack with envenomed bolt since it is a poison dot....but it DOES stack with them.

(I'm not saying the spell is amazing or anything, although it is a perfectly viable spell for a number of targets)