Necro spell: Malevolent Covenant - how it work?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Typucm, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Typucm Elder

Just bought this spell from new expansion, and cant understand how it work.
    Seems it not add any damage to dots i cast and not do any extra damage if 4 dots landing during it landing?
  2. Brohg Augur

the boost applies to dots other necros cast

if the boost is applied four times, to other necros' dots before the timer runs out, then you get the explosion
  3. Typucm Elder

So i must have 2 necro in group to use this spell? :(
    For solo its no reason to use this?
    Toruch Fleshrot and Pirlo like this.
  4. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Correct Typ, it is a fantastically powerful spell though, but it doesn't see much usage outside of Raids and rare instances in the group game
  5. took2summit11 Augur

Oddly enough nec kinda bad in group game, but if you have 2 nec they become very powerful in group game. Hoping for an answer maybe it will get a little more attention here than where I first posted the question. I bought the new nec progressive spell and scribe it. When I cast it, it only does 4dmg/tick to mob. Is there something more I need to do to make the spell work? I know it has various levels, but assumed at least the first level would work upon scribing it. Does anyone else have this issue?
  6. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Everyone does, but here's what is actually happening.

When you cast dissident paroxysm, or dichotomous whatever paroxysm, two detrimental effects land on the target. One is for super low damage. The other is the actual reported damage.
    The low one fades in a tick, maybe two. I forget. But the other stays, doing the expected damage.
  7. took2summit11 Augur

I am not having any second component being cast. I have tried to cast it many times. All that lands is a 4dmg dot/tick. Sounds like I am the only one having this issue, then.
  8. Sancus Augur

Go to the vendor, uncheck the option to show only items you can use, buy the spell again, and scribe it again.
    Zenyan likes this.
  9. took2summit11 Augur

OK that worked, thank you! Thought we finally got an upgrade to disease cloud.. :p