Necro Spell: Flesh to Poison

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Vanac, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Vanac New Member

I have tried doing some research through the Beta Forums about it, but is it intended to override Cascade of Decay? Seems pointless to add this spell if that was the goal?
  2. Smallpox Augur

Agreed. That new spell was a waste of time and effort.
  3. Vanac New Member

It would be a welcome addition if they both stacked, but since they don't I am just confused as to it's purpose.

I haven't parsed it yet, but I am fairly certain it would be a DPS decrease.
  4. Behelit Augur

meh Cascade has a horribly short range so in an average solo lesson burn I'm generally missing half the procs cause I cant be bothered to stay in range for it. Flesh to Poison is a nice alternative as long as your not root-rotting, and because of the level attached for focus purposes on the proc + the 10mana cost it can proc GoDR making it about 10000 times more useful on burns than either Cascade or the shaman-made tonics. pretty much if you're not putting up Flesh to Poison before you start your burn than your doing it wrong.

the 24 counters make it alittle annoying to use but its definitely a nice spell and can be re-up'd fairly easily because it has a 1.5sec cast time with no recast.
  5. Vanac New Member

Does it always proc GoDR or no? If it doesn't all the time we would still have to have a DD up to get it to proc
  6. Behelit Augur

if the Flesh to Poison proc goes off then yes it will always proc the GoDR twincast charge. and yes you will still need a DD out for GoDR but even if Flesh to Poison procs 1-2 times during GoDR thats an extra 1-2 DoT's that can be twin'd without wasting time on a DD. it will of course be largely RNG as is the nature of procs but considering the potential its absolutely better than Cascade or shaman-made tonics while GoDR is running.
  7. Siddar Augur

Damn the secret is out already.

Now get ready for the rain of tears.
    Loratex likes this.
  8. Terakathis Journeyman

I can't see any damage being added by this spell as per the description. Also I can't see it doing any damage to me (the caster) either. Is this one of those "it's being done server side so trust us things" like the extra damage from pernicious wounds etc.?
  9. Siddar Augur

Damage is proc off spell cast. It shows as you do non melee damage to target. It doesn't add damage to the spell, its damage is in a separate additional proc that fires off the spell cast.

Negative HP you can see in stats in combat HP regen.
    Terakathis likes this.
  10. Terakathis Journeyman

Thanks Siddar - I have (had) non-melee hits filtered out.

T.