Necro paladin duo...possible addition.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Beezelbub, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Beezelbub Elder

So my thoughts. Paladins is 85 and i am currently leveling the necro. Necro can slow undead and at higher levels turn mobs into undead. Currently in HoS paladin can solo heal himswlf with up to three mobs. I have a bard on the paladins account but thinking of putting him on a new account also mid 80's.
    Has anyone tries paladin/necro? Guessing bard can only help. Any advise dor or against this combo...making all mobs for slays+slows+necro dps+bard bonus and pulls.
  2. Enizen Elder

Pally/Necro is a pretty awesome combo (RP aside), and I know of a few people who run it.
  3. Beezelbub Elder

Rp wise i think it could be a fun combo..the most unlikely combos can be the most fun to rp lol ...do you think bard will increase exp rate or take away?
  4. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

I wouldn't rely on the necro "turn undead" IF the undead portion of the nuke lands (has a stun that can interfere ) it only lasts for about 6 seconds and has a pretty hefty recast :(,

That aside a bard would be awesome for slows and adps
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Paladin/Cleric/Necro is a combo I ran for awhile. Huge survivability. Especially per RB nerf! But still it is amazing combo.

Paladin/Bard/Necro was another one I ran (clr/brd were same account). It had more DPS and pulling/CC potential and could slow. But obviously less healage. But with the state of mercs and paladin now that is rarely an option.

The main times I'd pull cleric into that mix was for 3-boxing demiplane and doing solteris/frostcrypt/ashengate raids
  6. Sathayorn Augur

Paladin/Necro is a great combo - and if you don't want to rely on undead only for slows... Once you reach the right level the Hammer of the War Machine is a nice tool. (Fighting the same area of the same zone gets tiresome after a while)
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=107896
  7. Axxius Augur

Bard is the best overall support class. Bard can impove your pally's survivability big time, and your group's dps, and can also slow mobs, and cc, and pull. There are no fully slowable mobs anymore these days, so the difference between 55% and 75% slow on anything that's not a raid boss is hadly noticeable, it's far smaller for your survival than the bonus from bard ac/heal boosting songs.

Get a bard, you won't regret it.
  8. silku Augur

Chanter is quite powerful too ;) We can boost both of those classes with mana regen, endurance regen, nuke damage bonuses etc. Plus buffs that last a long time.