Necro mains, i have some questions

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Slog, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Slog New Member

This is one class i have allways loved, the epic , the undead swarms, the self healing, the dots..

i am returning and necro is one of the 3 classes im really thinking about. My main goal is to be able to solo Anything i want (current content) as well as Be decent in groups / Raids.

Solo/molo namer is a huge thing for me so i am wondering how well necros can do this as of now? any chance any current necros could let me kno how they are doing.
  2. Brohg Augur

Lol, this week in particular is not a great time to ask about necros. But overall pretty powerful assuming the patch snafu is cleaned up sooner than later (like, this year not next year).
  3. Spellfire Augur

Menown said it well:

4. Slog New Member

Wow, thats crazy to me i used to main a sk mine has 21k aa. and i allways envyed necros for there pet tank / awesome dps! what happened as of recent that really hurt necros?
  5. Rizzin Elder

At 105 I could molo easier named in 105 group gear. I can box molo (with two healer mercs and my pet as the tank) harder named, but not the hardest. At 110 pretty much the same (in conflagrant gear).

I certainly can't kill everything and, even as a box, there is some old group content I don't have the DPS to complete. But, between my Enchanter/Necro box I can do about 99% of all group stuff if I take things slowly and carefully.
  6. Nekk Augur

Three words. Swarm pet nerf. This ruined nec named capability. A raid geared pet ungeared can tank every thing up to VP nameds so you can duo everything in RoS with your merc besides group missions and VP nameds.
    Unless you have some secret strat I don't know about, the nec pets usually die before the named does. I haven't hit full dps on a VP named before solo due to having to slow it myself, but having a slower, mage, tank and or real healer definitely helps.
  7. Nekk Augur

Note you simply cannot solo anything you want in RoS. Not how the expansion was designed. Most things yes, most missions definitely not. A super skilled raid mage might be able to pull off OT and Goro but not SF or VP by themselves afaik.
  8. Magickon Augur

My AA is not very high (I'm only at 22400) and while my gear is decent, it's not stellar. It's true that I do have a set of fire/magic/poison/disease/corruption foci thanks to phlogiston. I'm able to solo a ton of RoS named, and was able to solo many of them even before getting fire/magic foci.

There's a whole lot of RoS named and missions that we can solo, including some that that you might not think we can. For example, OT Partisan #2 can be soloed. You can use a rocket boot to hop up to the east stairs, feign + whisperwind flop past the golems (this is the scariest part) and use feign flopping (again, whisperwind + feign works well) to somewhat reasonably safely get yourself behind Drusella's room. Once you're there, the arisen convert is an easy solo pull + solo kill. I honestly think I'd rather solo this task than bring a group, most groups anyway.

Make no mistake, there are definitely some ROS missions we can't solo, but there are many that we can.

Using named for example, I've been able to solo most of the named including some in Gorowyn. There are exceptions, to be sure. I forget which one it was, but there's a named in skyfire that doesn't seem to allow spells to be cast on him at all. I left that one to pickup when I had a group. :)

I'm assuming your pet AA's are maxed out and you're using summoned armor, right? I'm assuming you're buffing the pet with aegis/fortification, and you're refreshing aegis frequently, right? I'm assuming you're taking the time to debuff (with a tash click), feign, debuff with scent (this step admittedly recently took a huge nerf) and send in pet while you're casting burn bones and trying to slow? Maybe even swinging a willsapper at the same time...until some form of slow lands. It's mitigated, but it sure does help.

I'm assuming once that is set up, you're leading with all of the wounds spells (with your earring unequipped, held in your mouse cursor so wounds multiply sooner) and not firing your burn aa's until all of your dots are on the named, right?

I'm assuming that if needed, you are using /pet feign so the zerg pets take up a round or so of damage if your pet gets dangerously low, right? That can buy you some time to let your merc get a heal off on it.

You're using self-sacrifice if needed, right?

You've got pet bestow divine aura loaded, and if that triggers you pop embalmer's carapace, right?
    If you're doing all of these things, you're probably soloing all sorts of named, given that the surrounding environment lets you set things up. Sometimes it's just too crowded.

There's all kinds of classes that can solo named in RoS. Being able to do that shouldn't impress anyone...unless it's a specific named that makes soloing them harder. I will readily admit that many RoS named are much tougher than EoK named, but feel free to try some of them. The worst that can happen is you die.... And that's what summon remains is for.
  9. Nekk Augur

I was talking literal missions that give you currency, not group tasks which do not. Seems you haven't ventured into VP lately. I'm not spending the time or money to keep fully conflag geared pets. I know 99.9% of the necro class, but not everything ofc. Pet DA has been nerfed to basically crap but you just gave me one tip on that, so thanks.
    Like I said, I know most but not everything. I have tried giving my pet a full set of Dimensional warrior gear and similar offslots, both pets in fact. I have every pet buff you can think of on both pets except two of them on my main pet - DA and Cascading Deathshield. I have EM XXV, or whatever the highest raid RoS rank is. I believe it to be XXV. I have every slot full RoS raid gear, only one piece is phlogiston.
    I am not the number one nec in the guild on most events. However, I do top parses on certain events. I know when to burn and how to maximize dps for the most part as well as keeping up survivability for me and my pets. Again I'll admit, I'm not the best nec in the world. However, I'm pretty damn good at what I do. If you're trashing VP nameds and I'm not, then clearly I'm doing something wrong.
  10. Magickon Augur

You're getting a little defensive in your reply, and that's ok. My post was admittedly very snarky. Here's the thing...you said that a super skilled mage "might" be able to kill OT and Goro named, but not SF or VP named" which is an implication that *necros* can't solo OT and Goro named, which they can. (Skyfire, too).

No one gives their pet conflagrant armor/weapons. I didn't say that at all, I said summoned armor. You said you have every pet buff on your pet except for DA and cascading deathshield. Why don't you use cascading deathshield? It's pretty awesome, and it should definitely be used when your pet is tanking named.

I'll continue the snarky reply because it's Saturday morning and I can't sleep thanks to some emergency repair work happening on my street, and say that I hope you can solo mist named (the ones that are within reason) in any zone other than VP.

Speaking of VP, I've not been to VP in about a week. I should go back there and pick something up that I have been wanting.

I'll be bringing friends, and not the summoned kind.
  11. ---Xislaben--- Augur

Save a horse, ride a shadowknight!
  12. S33k3r Augur

I took that comment to mean that a mage might be able to complete 2 of the 4 missions that give currency.
  13. Nekk Augur

For the third time I was talking the missions, not the nameds lol. And not the little group tasks in the regular zone, either.
  14. Magickon Augur

Your first post in this thread talked exclusively about named mobs. Would you like a waffle?
  15. Nekk Augur

16. Sancus Augur

The part about OT and Goro, which you referenced, was in his second post. It's clearly referring to missions:
    The missions in RoS are Fell Foliage in Overthere, End of Empire in Skyfire, Balance of Power in Gorowyn, and Talendor in VP. Bringing up named just shows a gross misunderstanding of what he wrote. Stop doubling down on it.
  17. Nekk Augur

Read the posts in the order they were posted, not afterwards.
  18. Nekk Augur

Thanks Sancus. Almost directed that at you lol.
  19. Magickon Augur

How is a person supposed to keep track of his posts when he changes what he is talking about, in the middle of a paragraph, and even in the middle of a sentence?

What does "raid geared pet ungeared can tank named" supposed to mean? Stating that the missions cannot be soloed should be pretty obvious. And again, the original poster was asking about the ability to solo named.

"Hi guys, I want to do something. Can necros do it?"

"Etc etc, but you can't do this complete other thing that you didn't mention at all. Let's make this conversation about your inability to do that, instead!"

Yeah...read the posts in order. We derailed it with any of the mission talk. That Nekk started.

Let's bring in the forum lawyers so we can analyze why we didn't summarize what named mobs can be soloed, and which ones can't. Because soloing/moloing named mobs is what they were wondering about. I'll say it again...Nekk's first post specifically talks about DUOING. Maybe they can't solo things that others do. That's ok, maybe it's in that .1% that Nekk doesn't know. He'll get there.
  20. Samben New Member

Many of the named mobs in VP, including the 'hard named,' were moloable by Necros at 110 in EoK raid gear. The faction patch pretty much ruined the zone, so haven't been there in months, but if you can put up with the tedium, I doubt much has changed.