Necro Kiting hunting grounds?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Zatecro, Nov 3, 2013.

1. Zatecro New Member

Hi there.

Is there a guide around for necro kiting? And second question.. where are some good kiting spots in the 70-75 and 75-80 areas?

Thank you.
  2. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

www.necrotalk.com "hunting grounds" thread
  3. Halfsac New Member

Kill gators in Looping plains for 75-80 easy kills and fast respawn.
  4. Zaxamaphone Augur

I've been working the spiders in Icefang and I'm now level 77. The gators were actually lower lvls than the spiders and there was more competition for them.

My question now is where to go at 80 for kiting grounds?

I tried the Necrotalk forums but their information was seriously out of date.
  5. Halfsac New Member

Go to Hills of Shade (Hot zone) I leveled to 85 killing Blackwaters and Fisherman.
  6. Daegun Augur

For aa xp I always looked for areas with a mix of barely dark blue, white and yellow cons.

For regular xp grinding you usually get better mileage hunting low dark blues as the killing efficiency and speed wins out over time.

In somewhat order of progression this is where I hunted from 65 on:

PoFire c2
    Icefall spiders
    Loping plains gators (worgs with quest if gators camped)
    <bit of a break here from the mid upper 80s>
    Beast domain from 91 on is pretty good xp.

I stayed in BD from 91 to 95 capped aa. When rof went live I actually stayed over by vinelashers to 100 as it gave the best xp over time with plant based dots and less hp on trash. When I hit 100 I went to evantil to grind aa.

Places to hunt requirements (max effectiveness)
    -must be snarable
    -preferably not a crowded zone
    -good visibility with ample space
    -in today's eq, must be void of Mage beam kite lag

I never root rotted. I always found the best do was kiting 3-5 at a time with long lasting high efficiency dots and using my pet. 20-25 seconds of casting per mob and moving to the next, crawling around nonstop. Time invested per kill for a necro is second to none in this regards. It might take 1.5-2.5 minutes for each target to die this way, but total time invested per current content targets was always 20-25 seconds. A before my pet EM and flurry aggro got harder to juggle with the RoF pets and EM 11+ I always had a small train of slowly dying crap following with a killshot twice a minute. Even prior to getting deathbloom mana wasn't an issue with the most mana conservative dot lineup.

Death bloom prenerf let me use higher dps dots to kill each target faster, but I still spent the same time casting per mob death - so the harder hitting dots aren't really better given the cost.

Regular mobs:
    Snare
    Long magic
    Long fire
    Long fire
    Long disease
    Intermediate fire
    Intermediate poison

Plants
    Snare
    Long magic
    Long fire x2
    Long corruptionx2
    Intermed fire
    Intermed poison

High efficiency, no downtime.

Roof rotting restricted my mobility too much and I hated root breaks slowing me down.