Necro + ? for Agnarr launch.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sillyfish, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Sillyfish Elder

I have a Laptop as well as my desktop and as I understand it, you're allowed 1 character per computer, so I've been considering making a Duo when this launches.

I intend to main a Necro at start. What class would do well with it, do you think?
  2. Tachyon Augur

Shammy is the natural, you get the buffs the heals and the slows. That said, wizzy is nice as well because it's extremely easy to box and the dps boost lets you take down stuff before you even have to worry about tanking, plus they have ports which is nice during the pre-pop eras.
  3. Sillyfish Elder

I was thinking maybe Enchanter for Breeze/Clarity and mezzing ability, and Jewelery is BIS in classic for quite a while...
    Maybe Magician for dual pet rampages.

EDIT: Just remembered Breeze is a Kunark spell. Makes Magician much more favorable imo.

Druid would be sick. Heals, ports and sick buffsl ike THorns would make the necro pet a monster.
  4. AgentofChange Augur

Did you also forget that necros get their own form of mana regen, that does not stack with clarity? Anyway, necro is pretty good with a lot of classes.

Necro + Druid
    Necro + Sham
    Necro + Mage

Those would be the best 3 if you asked me.
  5. Mwapo Augur

For classic? Necro/Necro

For kunark? Necro/Cleric

For Velious? Necro/Shm

For Luclin? Quit playing Necro and Swap to Rng/Shm

For PoP? Rng/Shm
  6. Razzle Augur

Necro mana regen does not stack with ench mana regen. They are powerful enough heh.
  7. Ultrazen Augur

Nec/Druid. ports, heals, thorns, regen. Exactly what a necro needs. One of the best duos in the game.
  8. Coach_Kegadin Augur

I have played chanter/cleric on all the TLP's with great success. I always wish I could FD though. I'm going necro/chanter this time around for max krono farm!
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  9. Burtt New Member

I played a necro on Phinny for a while, and I have quite a few alts. However, the alt that I used the most with my necro was my druid. HP buff, regen, extra DPS, and teleports come in very handy. Enchanter could work well by using charm pets, but you'd always need a healer. If you don't care about teleports, I would recommend shaman. However, for most groups and raid situations, I would end up boxing my cleric, as you can never have too many clerics.
  10. Mental New Member

pick something low maintenance for a box, because playing a necro effectively is a full time job
  11. Brunlin Augur

I am a Druid/Mage guy myself, but if I was bent on doing Necomancer as main than I would do Druid/Necromancer. Druid has root and better snares, heals, ports, sow, dmg shield, and Harmony for pulling.With a Druid/Necromancer the idea of root/rot just got crazy!
  12. Tennas Journeyman

If I could just pick your brain for a second, why druid/mage? Seems like there's a lot of overlap, with DS and root. Just curious, as I'm trying to plan my Agnarr duo!
  13. vanvittig New Member

Magicians dont have root? but very much need snare =) ports are always nice!
    i do think druid/nec is better but i could be wrong. tho it would be real easy for a highelf magi to meet up with a woodelf druid
  14. Krosus New Member

Dunno but I worked a classic SHM/SK duo on Rage and don't see why a SHM/Necro won't work. Little more stress on the healing but apart from that.
  15. Brunlin Augur

The Mage pet is better than the necromancers pet, at least early on from my experience.I mainly use the water pet early on when I can though I usually use which ever pet is my highest before level 50. Druid/necromancer vs Druid/mage both are powerful boxes and completly different play styles. Mage is burst dps, necromancer is sustain. The only thing that is over lapping is DS. I use the mage DS unless im in a picnh for mana than I use Druid.

I use the Druid to buff,I can pull with harmony and snare, heals, ports,I can dot if needed Mage nukes, pet plays offensive melee, though I can use earth pet to tank if needed. I also played a necromancer with the druid on phinny though i never got beyond level 20 with the Necromancer. The pet kept getting eaten, so i stopped using the necromancer's pet. I just snared and rooted with Druid and doted with necromancer and everything died. Both combos was good but I preferred Druid/Mage. To me this combo is straight foward burn everything down with mage, control,buff, utility, and port with Druid. Open areas I charm with Druid and add pet action with Mage pet...Things die quickly