Necro Difficulty & Ability to Solo

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MightyUnclean, Jun 26, 2015.

1. MightyUnclean Elder

I'm still looking for an alt to make for off-hours when I can't find a group. How difficult is a necro to play? How good are they at soloing in current and future content?

Thank you!
  2. Jaime Lannister Augur

Probably the best soloing class in game for a long time.
  3. catpower New Member

Jaime is not kidding, they are awesome soloists. I made 6 or so level 40 characters during the Ragefire beta and tested their solo ability against the Sea furies and the necro was tops.

Charming with an enchanter was second best, but I'm not the best at charming so maybe it would be tops played by a good player?
  4. Ducreux Augur

I wish my wizard was a necro.
  5. Stailther New Member

Necromancers are the best soloers. Their toolkit of spells has always been geared more towards soloing. I made several classes on ragefire so far all of them mid 40's and my necromancer is my favorite. I don't need a group to get efficient and fast exp. I can break camps with Feign Death if I need to camp an item. Leveling my necro I was pulling red cons by agro kiting something I wish I could do on all my other classes. Grouping is still fun so that's why I play my warrior and cleric. My necromancer will always be that class I go to when I've had enough dealing with people and want to be more antisocial =)
  6. Peone Lorekeeper

Great solo class, but my necro is stuck at level 44 and has been so for a couple of weeks. There are no places to solo PERIOD in this vanilla era. So I am waiting for Kunark to open some solo spots up.
  7. nipper Lorekeeper

There aren't any places for a mid 30's Necro and up to solo. I eve asked for suggestions here on the forum and tried them all. All I got was trained and lost xp (not even time to FD or it fails).

No, there aren't any places and I am also hoping for Kunark soon.
  8. Alexanders Augur

Necro is the best all around solo class. In sheer power they are currently beat by mages but necromancer makes up for that with utility. Snare, Fear, Mana Regen, Feign Death, Root. All tools a mage doesn't get (yes they can root with earth pet not the same).

Mage may kill quicker but necro is more efficient in the long run.

Wide open solo spots are limited in classic and many mobs that were necro levelers in the past have been altered aka bards. Most dungeons are too crowded to level in solo and many guards are stronger or simply don't give exp anymore.

This means the fastest way to level even for a necromancer is to group. If you are really looking to go it solo anyhow there are some mobs in lavastorm you can grab in the mid 20 early 30 range. If you want to work at it you can split shadowman camps also but they can be a pain. Look at the bright side there is some necro quests you can work on with them.

In your early and mid 30's you can kill giants and griffons but they are too few to level on outside of Rathe Mts and you would do better with a group there. Mid 30's guards at the bridge in NK are possible as well. If you cross into SK there are some treeants that you can split and kill. Depending on your level some of the Aviaks and Centaurs may also provide exp options for you.

Once you get your pet at 33 you can try your hand at specters in OOT or Oasis but they are very social and hard to break up best bring a friend. These will be much easier with your lvl 39 pet. Once you have your new lvl 39 pet you can try your hand at soloing some Seafury clops in OOT but they will be hard and not very efficient. You can Agro kite them though if you try and your careful. This will be a much better option with the 44 pet.

There are options out there for a solo necromancer but none of them will be as efficient as a good group. That's just how TLP servers are setup. The exp is much faster then classic Everquest no matter what your killing but the way it works out the higher your level the better off you are to mass kill dark blue and light blue cons then to kill yellow or red con mobs. Plus you can kill the lower mobs much more efficiently.

Hope some of this helped happy hunting and good luck.
  9. Tubben Elder

You are plain wrong PERIOD.

Alone on OOT there are minimum 2 places where you can solo to 50 (Seafurys, Spectres), in Antonica are minimum 3 places (Spectres in Ro, Spectres in Feerrott and Aqua Goblins in LR).
  10. gander Augur

You can't be serious. Spectres are a soloist nightmare, especially in OOT.
  11. Tubben Elder

I am serious. I killed alot of them. Solo.
  12. Giappo Augur

Think you would need CC at Spectres in OOT. They are social and come in bunches.
  13. Numiko Augur

necros have undead calm.
  14. Stailther New Member

at lvl 32 I was soloing the swirling smokes and basilisks outside of SolA. I stayed there till I was 38. Necros can solo to 50 as I have. Yes the amount of spots to solo aren't as vast as in Kunark but it can still be done. The spectres in OOT can be single pulled by using rest the dead. I went from 40-50 on seafurries in OOT. Yes the exp slowed down once I got to lvl 48 but I was still getting 1% per 1-2 kills. They died fast and I made made a boat load of plat.
  15. Seraphim Augur

<<~~~ Necro, and I <3 my class!
  16. fazool Augur

I am deliberately trying something all new to me. I am playing a necro and Isimply cannot believe how awesome they are, especially at solo-ing. If Ihad any idea, Iwould have played a Necro 16 years ago!
  17. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

This came up yesterday and I remembered this thread so I thought I would ask here...

An old friend from live who plays a mean necro (still does) just started one on Lockjaw. I'm debating what to duo with him. And when I say duo, I don't mean what works exping crocs or seafuries...I'm talking what let's us do the most content, particularly indoors, particularly on the high end in kunark and beyond.

I'm thinking enchanter but could see mage or shaman being good options also.