Necro/Bard/???

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tiffy31, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Tiffy31 Elder

I always heard people say Necro+Bard made an awesome Duo. I have no idea why but seeing how those are the only two classes I havent really played figured Id give it a shot. What would be the best class to add for a 3rd? Was thinking about just throwing in a second Necro to keep it easy to box. Also as I am leveling I want to do all the group tiers of the expansions I missed. Will I be able to do stuff like t4 VoA and higher or would I need a real tank and healer instead of Mercs?
  2. sifonin Augur

I play a necro/bard duo and in my opinion this duo is one of the most flexible and powerful end game duos. A well played necro can take a lot on by himself, and the bard amplifies these abilities even more. I made a beastlord for fun and leveled to 105 but would have made that third toon a mage if I had to do it all again. The necro/bard can easily duo all the way through group progression, adding a mage just reinforces your party even moreso.
  3. icreepin New Member

a necro/bard is amazing because those are 2 of the classes that when EQ first came out in 1999 that could solo and actually level and do things when no group was around.

now if your looking to box then you have a few options

1 a shammie that way a shammie can heal the pets and help in other ways to make the pets more stronger.

2 sk an sk can heal have a pet and tank so it would add to the content that could be done with just the necro/bard

other then those 2 claases i am not sure what else you want to add if your looking to be alone no groups and exp and level then when you want to group or raid each of those classes are not only needed in a group and a raid but wanted.
  4. Rhaage Augur

in my personal opinion, the soft spot with a necro / bard duo is tanking. The bard will automatically become the tank if it steps in melee range.

that being said, I'd vote to add a tank to the group, war, sk or pal... Most people would give the sk the advantage for group content. If you went with tank merc a mage would be a very strong addition to the bard / necro pair.

a tank merc would likely hold up through about level 100 (give or take) and healer mercs seem do do well on most group level content.
  5. Tiffy31 Elder

Decided to go with Mage. Cant beat always having pet gear. Leveling up using Tank Merc with 2 Healer Mercs. Will proly switch one of them to a Wiz once I start getting AAs and gear. Or I could drop Tank for another Wiz once I get good pet focus.
  6. Blurred_Memories Augur

double chanter: its crazy how effective it is. i'll let you use your imaginations.