Narogg's Heal Parser v 1.0

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Narogg, May 30, 2016.

1. Narogg Augur

What it does: This parser looks at your log file and parses all your heals. Works on all classes. You will be very surprised how much self healing a warrior does. This parser will show you things that no other parser can. At this point, I have over a few days of coding into this, and over half a year of concept design. I started this project back in fall of 2015.

What's in the build?

log parse
    Initial screen- all Data in parse -
    Drill down capable by encounter- double click
    Ability to drill down to healee by encounter- double click
    Cleric and Shaman AA triggered heals are logged also.

To do:
    TESTING on Druid log file - sadly I do not have a raid file where I played as a druid. Send me one @ - jstillings1@nc.rr.com
    Stats page on drill down
    Take requests on what people would like to see from the stats page

Known issues:
    *Encounter detection is being split up by successful ranged attacks and Player Named Pets attacks - I asked the EQ devs if they could look into the error that is causing this as it is on the EQ Client side and has to do with how a ranged and pet attacks are reported to others logs.

*if you double click a table heading instead of a encounter name or healee name it throws an error, single click still sorts it by that column.

*TotalHeal does not tally correctly on drill down.

Feed back is welcome as long as you don't tell me to /quit!
    Tested on windows 8 & windows 10 ( I don't have any windows 7 machines anymore )

First thing you need to have is MS SQL Server 2014 Express Local DB

The software i am using only allows for embedding 2012 version so you will have to install this separate.
    You can obtain the MS software here.
    Click Download SQL Server 2014 Express
    Once you log in with your microsoft account, select this file[IMG]

Go a head and install it and reboot the PC.
    What this software does is runs a small service that allows the heal parser to write to the Hard drive in a SQL database instead of keeping everything in memory.

Now for what you all have been waiting for.

Narogg's Heal Parser
  2. bitefiends Elder

Hi there
    Downloaded and installed fine on a windows 10 machine

Selected a log file and while log file was loading next to top left Naroggs Heal Parser came Not responding for a few seconds, then the Done loading log file dialog appeared it went
    While processing the long alert form box came up and several times **your log file needs maintenance it is getting to large** appeared however the process restarted several times with the warning and did load.
    On a different character's ( a cleric ) log file the following warning appeared
    **Error adding column to database:Aleg'swarder* it seems to not recognize that string. Same for 'sfamilar.
    This appeared for any warder after that the following appeared
    Error writing 20683464, 1713, You Unified Certitude, Aleg'swarder, 7535,Aleg'swarder,7535Press ok to continue, again this was for any warder or familiar. The numbers did change but the log continued to be processed but had to keep clicking ok.

Would need to retest this, after a log file has been processed and loaded then changing log files to a different character a crash box appears.

I hope this of help to you and thank you for taking this on.
  3. Narogg Augur

Thank you for the feed back. The error messages you posted are of GREAT help!
    Lots on my plate for today, but I will have this patched very soon. Thank you.

Details - Inside of C # when you send a statement to SQL the extra " ' " is breaking the SQL statement
    The Fix is to strip the extra " ' " before creating the column.
  4. Narogg Augur

On a side note- 20, 000 lines of log file = 1 percent of loading.
    Added to do list: Log Maintenance button where you can split the log file up by chunks
  5. Narogg Augur

The warder / familar bug fix is in.
    The silly EQ devs used a " ` " instead of the normal " ' " and I did not pick up on it.

If you already installed the parser, goto settings and apps and search for Narogg and it should show up with a uninstall button. Click it and remove the application.

Download the version with the bug fix here.

Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention!
  6. Iila Augur

Is your parser vulnerable to sql injection via chat channels?

/say .' [Sun May 29 16:38:15 2016] ; DROP ALL TABLES; -- says 'My leader is Iila.'
    Then the same thing with a damage and heal line?
  7. Narogg Augur

Iila,
    I laughed out loud! No, the program does not create the SQL statements that way.

I did have to build in a Cheater Injection block though... If these lines were not added one could /say " You have healed Tank a for 100000000000000"
    You get the idea...

// Fix chat

string[] items = fixedline.Split('.');

foreach (string item in items)
    {
    if (item.IndexOf("tells") != -1)
    {
    fixedline = "";
    }
    if (item.IndexOf("say") != -1)
    {
    fixedline = "";
    }
  8. bitefiends Elder

HI
    Downloaded new version installed and ran ok using same cleric log file as before Log file size 588 mb
    **Error adding column to database:Aleg'swarder* is GONE

however similar but different second message:
    Error writing:'27407134','2245','You','Graceful remedy','The suit of armor makes a loud clanking sound as it','6453','Character name here','6453Press ok to continue
    While this error message is on screen the progress on the Alert window stops. More messages appear with different numbers and character names but 'The suit of armor makes a loud clanking sound as it' appears in two 'Danela Icewind corpse' in five

Received a log file is to big message at 99% clicked ok which restarted the process and the above error messages did not show Parse loaded ok. This was repeatable.

Closed programme restarted with same log as above error messages appeared again

Regards
  9. Narogg Augur

Possible lead to the bug.
    Were you doing the task Danela's stand?
    When she dies it gives this emote
    Danela Icewind's corpse hits the cold cavern floor with ground-shaking force
    This would give a false positive as a new encounter, because of the word " hits "

The task is progression locked and I can not request it.
    I am betting the line your seeing is "The suit of armor makes a loud clanking sound as it " hits " the floor or ground."
    Also throwing a false positive as a new encounter.
    Trying to get someone to request the group mission for me to see if this is the cause.
  10. Narogg Augur

I put in a test fix for these two issues, but since I do not have the actual log file, I am unable to test it.

If you already installed the parser, goto settings and apps and search for Narogg and it should show up with a uninstall button. Click it and remove the application.

Download the version with the bug fix here.

If you have time, run the same log on the new version of the software. Let me know if you get the errors still. Thank you for your continued help on this project!
  11. Narogg Augur

I had to make the determination of the size of file I wanted to be working with.
    Some people religiously archive their logs, some let them build up until eq crashes.
    If someone loads a 1 gig log file, it will tie up their pc for a very long time and the program will seem to hang, so that is why the warning is there.

The log file too big error your seeing is more of a future planning event. When you get this error, I eventually want it to take you to the log maintenance feature of the software that I have not yet implemented. It's on my to do list!
  12. bitefiends Elder

Hi there
    Uninstalled old installed new. Windows 10 64 bit system
    The error messages on loading the log file have all gone. Nice work !

New and different !
    Clicking on the following headers of the table give an error message Starting left to right.
    Under select file.......Encounter header
    In the Your heals section....Total Heal Total HealCT Player Name Spell Name Encounter Healee

The error message is as follows
    >>> Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will close immediately. Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection. Parameter name index

Clicking Quit does exit the programme and continue does continue it. Clicking on details gives a lot of tech detail as shown below

See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
    ************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
    at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.SharedRow(Int32 rowIndex)
    at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewRowCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
    at EQParser.Form1.dataGridView2_CellContentClick(Object sender, DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCellContentClick(DataGridViewCellEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCommonCellContentClick(Int32 columnIndex, Int32 rowIndex, Boolean doubleClick)
    at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridViewCell.OnMouseUpInternal(DataGridViewCellMouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnCellMouseUp(DataGridViewCellMouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1080.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    EQParser
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/XXXXX/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/0OR07C1E.T4X/G8L1KN95.D6T/eqpa..tion_215028522fe07756_0001.0000_d325452709ba0ddf/EQParser.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1038.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1081.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1078.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
    System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
    System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1064.2 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Data.DataSetExtensions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Data.DataSetExtensions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll
    System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
    System.Transactions
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1080.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
    System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
    ************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.
    For example:
    <configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>
    When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I hope this is of help to you
    Gundolin likes this.
  13. Narogg Augur

That one is one of the known bugs.
    I know why its doing it, but have not figured out how to solve it yet.

If you click the white space to the right of the header the column will sort by that header.
    BUT, if you click the Header name, it throws that error you seen.

I have to somehow test for the onclick being that header instead of a row cell, which I have not yet figured out how to do.
  14. Narogg Augur

Like a wizard with the right nuke... I deliver.
    if (e.ColumnIndex > -1 && e.RowIndex > -1)
    {...}
    yeah who knew it was that dang simple...

Download the version with the bug fix HERE

Again, thank you for the help with this project!
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Just wondering why there is not an upgrade ability and instead an uninstall must be done.
  16. Narogg Augur

@ Waring_McMarrin

I would have to have my own web server available 24/7 for that to work. I am a broke college student right now, so I can not afford to buy a .com and pay for hosting.

Maybe in the future, I can make that happen.
  17. Narogg Augur

Since the raid was canned it left me with valuable time to code.

I added a log chunker for those people who have HUGE logs...
    [IMG]

If you already installed the software and want the version with bug fixes and the new LOG CHUNKER please go to settings apps and search for narogg hit uninstall and remove the software.

Download the most current version Narogg's Heal Parser and install it.
  18. Narogg Augur

Update 5-31-2016 Microsoft released MS SQL Serer 2016 Express Local DB which replaces the version I was using.
    I am still trying to figure out where they buried the download for it.
    I will update when I find it.
    For now get the MS SQL server Express LocalDB 2014 msi here
    Download it and double click it to install it.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

No, the software should be able to upgrade itself from a previous installation without having to be connected to the web or uninstall the previous version.
  20. Narogg Augur

@ Waring_ McMarrin, If you know how to do that from Visual Studio 2015 CE please explain.

I see the option to publish to a web site / ftp / file share and have it auto check for updates, but again I do not have a web server at this time.
    Check out what I seehere