Name the new server(s)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by DefenseEQ, Mar 27, 2015.

1. DefenseEQ Augur

From the previous server naming poll before Fippy/Vulak had their names chosen:
    Fippy Darkpaw 38% [ 141 ]
    Gorenaire 3% [ 12 ]
    Lord Yelinak 0% [ 1 ]
    Quarm 8% [ 30 ]
    Kerafyrm the Awakened 19% [ 73 ]
    Severilous 2% [ 9 ]
    Vulak`Aerr 20% [ 77 ]
    Xorbb 2% [ 6 ]
    Hoshkar 1% [ 3 ]
    Silverwing 3% [ 13 ]
    Zlandicar 3% [ 11 ]

I think I like Quarm/Silverwing, how would you guys vote given the same list today?

Greetings, Norrathians!
    We know many of you are eagerly awaiting the new Progression Server! The new server will be opened in March of 2011. This server will be time locked – the expansions will be unlocked based on time rather than content completion. Before we can give you any more details, we need you to pick a name for this new realm. Below is a list of potential names we thought you might like.
    Here’s the list of the names we have selected.

Fippy Darkpaw
    Gorenaire
    Lord Yelinak
    Quarm
    Kerafyrm the Awakened
    Vulak`Aerr

The poll will close in one week! The new server's name will be decided on January 12, 2011 at 6 PM Pacific Time.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?topic_id=172490
    For the inquiry minds, we'll have more details to announce later. We just wanted to get the server name finalized for now.
    Name the Progression Server

Fippy Darkpaw 38% [ 141 ]
    Gorenaire 3% [ 12 ]
    Lord Yelinak 0% [ 1 ]
    Quarm 8% [ 30 ]
    Kerafyrm the Awakened 19% [ 73 ]
    Severilous 2% [ 9 ]
    Vulak`Aerr 20% [ 77 ]
    Xorbb 2% [ 6 ]
    Hoshkar 1% [ 3 ]
    Silverwing 3% [ 13 ]
    Zlandicar 3% [ 11 ]
    Dandy likes this.
  2. Actonup Elder

I do like the Quarm idea
    Dandy likes this.
  3. Irbax_Smoo Augur

Ditto. Quarm for me.
  4. Zinth Augur

5. DefenseEQ Augur

Was too far down didn't even see it. I wasn't trying to steal your "forum thunder" sorry bro.

I posted actual data from the last Server naming poll in the first thread on this one. I would imagine these are names that the Devs had in mind still for the possible new server names.
  6. Lolthorn Lorekeeper

I think that if this is going to be a locked server *fingers crossed* the server should be named for the boss at the end of the last expansion that unlocks.
  7. Zinth Augur

not worried about uhm "forum thunder" but Lolthorn's comment was already posted with the suggestion of using the endboss's name for the end expansion if it was a locked server.

so would be easier to keep it to 1 thread, and thumbs up for the info, but not sure they would keep that naming strategy (look at TLP 1.0) Sleeper/Combine Sleeper could sorta link to Kerafyrm since he was the sleeper... but combine? thats no boss, the combine is a lil more hard to explain but I come to think of the "ring of the combine" spell, the druid port to uhm Dreadlands?
  8. Hateseeker Augur

Name the server "The Reboot" - in "honor" of the near-total lore reboot for EQN.
  9. Zoggzog Elder

The Combine was the name of the ancient empire ruled by the Vah Shir.
    Zinth likes this.
  10. Portis Augur

Suggested Quarm also on a previous thread, only if the server locks at PoP though.

If it goes to OoW then maybe Mata Muram or Anguish

GoD then Tunat or Tunat Muram or Tacvi

If locked of course,
  11. DefenseEQ Augur

I love the idea of a locked server being named for the final boss it locks at or some variaition of the final zone.
    Actonup likes this.
  12. Actonup Elder

So Quarm or MM
  13. DefenseEQ Augur

We had a Mayong Mistmoore server so I doubt they do that again.

If they ever did consider reusing an old server name, for a server locked at PoP I think it would be fitting to reuse the Al'Kabor name though in honor of the late great Mac server which was locked at PoP.
    Zoggzog and Irbax_Smoo like this.
  14. taliefer Augur

if they ever make a pre luclin locked server(i dont like the idea, but some people do) name it "The Tunnel" in honor of the ec tunnel~
    Zoggzog likes this.
  15. Nolrog Augur

If it's going to be locked at a certain point, the end boss of that expansion should be the name. So if it's locked at PoP, then Quarm would be perfect.
  16. Numiko Augur

Phat Lewt
  17. DefenseEQ Augur

If it ends up being a PVP Progression server we should legitimately call the server "Crypt of Decay"... it would end up being a cesspool lol.
    taliefer likes this.
  18. Portis Augur

Or Fungus Grove :)
    taliefer likes this.
  19. taliefer Augur

The Hole
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  20. Crayon123 Augur

Quarm and Silverwing would get my votes.