Name of the LoTD Veteran reward in claim window?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Galondier, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Galondier New Member

I see I have now over 1 year time entitled on my account, in the claim window, which item would be the lesson of the devoted? Also, is it only one per character?
  2. beryon Augur

It's not an item; it's an aa in the Special tab. You get one character flagged per year.
  3. Yther Augur

Which ever character on that particular account are flagged for Vet rewards, get all up to the number of years that account qualifies for. Once you claim vet rewards on a toon, that account's allowable vet rewards is reduced by 1, and maximally equal to the number years on the account. The flagging however transfers with character from the original account to a new one, so that the original account still has one than maximum. But the new account determines the transferred character number of rewards. So say you have two accounts. The first one is 10 years old, and has 10 toons flagged from that account with vet rewards. Each one has upto year 10 of the rewards. The second account is 2 yrs old, and has no toons claimed on it. So if you transfer a toon from the 10 yr account to the 2 yr account, the toon flag still counts on the original 10 yr account, but the rewards are equal to the years accrued on the 2 yr account that it was transferred to. So that, the 10 yr account now has 9 toons flagged on the account, and 1 flagged on another account, so there are no more flags available until another year accrues on that account. Meanwhile, the 2yr account, has 1 toon flagged from a different acount and 2 flags available to be claimed. The toons have 2yr of vet rewards accrued on that account. Thus the transferred toon, lost 8 yrs of rewards, but maintains it flag.

/veteranreward is the in-game command that will bring up a confirmation dialog box. See http://www.paullynch.org/tnzfaq/?page_id=335 for a probably better / simpler explanation. I just went in-depth so it would be clear, if you understood it. Might also look at http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/Category:EQ_Veteran_AA to see a list of all currently available Vet Rewards and links to their spell effects.

Hope this helps some,

Yther Ore.
  4. Yther Augur