Name lookup

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Elkay, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Elkay Augur

Is there a way to see if a name is taken on a server before purchasing a rename potion? I'd only want to purchase the potion if I know I could change to the specific new name.
  2. Riou EQResource

You could try creating a new toon on that server with the name, if it goes through it's free, if not it gets rejected
  3. Elkay Augur

But if I delete that toon, is the name immediately released for reuse? Also, I've seen in other games where a name was used at some point but not anymore (character move etc), and a GM was able to manually rename my character once I tried the rename and it was erroneously rejected. Without a look-up, I'd have no way to tell that in EQ.
  4. Sebbina Augur

Send that name a parcel, one copper, a water flask etc. is a good first test. Still, if some one had that name and the character was a under 10 runt deleted during merges, I have no idea what would happen should they return and want their character name back.
  5. Elkay Augur

Do you think they have a way of refunding a potion back to Station Cash if I try it and it doesn't work? I have the extra Station Cash on me anyway but wouldn't want to burn it trying it and it not working (my current name is my second choice and my only toon on that account).
  6. Sebbina Augur

I have no way of knowing that, but if you send a test parcel that goes no where, that is a good test, you could also try a game mail. Hopefully your name is not offensive, but in that case you would deserve to lose your potion. instead of sitting and wondering do the parcel test, and or the game mail test, and if you want to be really sure try to make a runty with the name and delete it, or make the runt first and delete, then if parcel doesn't go thru, you know the name is available.
  7. Elkay Augur

Nah, nothing offensive for either name. I'll give your suggestions a shot. Thanks! :)
  8. Elkay Augur

Used the Parcel method, the mailman said no character by that name. Purchased the potion and used it, name change went through. Woot! Thank you for your help! ^_^
  9. Sebbina Augur

Congrats, and now you know as much as I do, (well almost,) have fun and carry on.
  10. Cloudia Augur

Sebbina! Did you have to tell him about the microdot?
  11. Sebbina Augur

I no longer care about micro dots, I used nano bots for my spying.
  12. Cloudia Augur

All right then, as long as you didn't let him have the one including the Tang recipe.