My Undead Bard experience so far

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Suramafisto, May 1, 2016.

1. Suramafisto New Member

I am coming to the end of what will be a sixty-to-sixty-two-hour vigil here on Phinigel.

I have seen quite a few Trakanons come and go.

I do believe I am no closer to completing my bard epic than I was a few days ago--

during nighttime hours, the large raid guilds bring forces to back up their bard, and there is no way I can compete;

during the wee hours right now, a large raid guild has brought a force to back up its alt bard, and I cannot compete;

There are always high level bards floating around, and as time passes, there seems to be an inexhaustible supply.

I have put a great deal of effort into bringing my epic quest to this point.
    I had known from the start that the Undead Bard would be a problem, but I was nevertheless blindly excited to complete an epic quest for the first time. I have never done so.

I didn't heed the Internet's warning to not even attempt the Bard epic.

I am coming to the end of a long day. After I watch the UDB trak killed again before me in order to get a kill time, I will take a break, and then begin another vigil--

I will stay awake, and watch in vain once again, hopelessly trying to rally a handful of friends to compete with determined raids, kicked constantly to the end of a line that is constantly renewed by alts and boxed bards and upcoming mains. It's been a blast.

I will be here indefinitely, unable to help my friends, unable to help my guild raid, because the opportunity to complete this epic just might come up.

Right?
  2. Seraphim Augur

So like join a guild and have them kill it for you??
  3. Finley Augur

Not everyone views guilds as tools to get them things.

If Daybreak would just let the UDB spawn in picks like it did back on Ragefire and Lockjaws early Kunark period this would be a non-issue. Players without guilds would have plenty of time to assemble a small force to get the spawned Trakanon.
  4. Seraphim Augur

We had 9 people vs multiple different bards from various guilds with no help.. I mean you have to work to get something you want.
  5. GrugSA Augur

Sorry you couldn't get your top tier raid quest item that remains top tier for multiple expos without being in a raiding guild on the first couple of trys.

Just for reference UDB was up for like 3 hours plus during the middle of the afternoon less then a week ago.
  6. Finley Augur

No one in this thread is suggesting you shouldn't have to work to get it. The OP has already put in a ton of "work" if you consider waiting to be work (the least interesting or challenging part of the epic quests on Phinigel).
  7. Weverley Augur

Many guilds would bring enough people to help a bard main with this part not sure they are willing to help you much if they leave you alone in this.I know my guild got a dedicated day just for helping guildies with their epics.And often i see some people outside of that day going help.
  8. Lonye Augur

So you got Red and White dragonscales, but can't get undead bard down?

How did you acquire Red and White scales?

Acquire Undead Bard in a similar fashion in which you acquired the Red and White scales, and I think you'll be good.

Some of your post smells of the propaganda of "undead bard is too hard and should be up all the time" etc etc
  9. Bobbydomino Elder

The guy is entirely right. There is nothing challenging about getting UDB or any of the other epic roadblocks. The most challenging part is it or getting people there quick enough. Not exactly the highlights of EQ. I stayed up a few nights to help bards in our guild and it was awful. The definition of boring time sink, EQ at its worst.
  10. Conscript Journeyman

11. Kahna Augur

I dunno, I got my druid epic without ever having to ask more than 5 people for help, and I never had to wait for hours on a spawn, sure I had to check a time or two, but it was always up on the second. Seems pretty epic. Why should the bards/SK's/Chanters have to jump through so many hoops?
    Finley likes this.
  12. GrugSA Augur

Just because the Druid epic is straight up welfare doesn't mean the Bard epic should be. Bards have one semi contested spawn that spawns more then once a day. It's nothing compared to SK, Enc or even wizard. It's in no way too hard of an epic for the timeline or for how good of an item it is.
  13. Weverley Augur

You know how many times i waited hours and hours for corrupted cyclops to spawn.Samething with corrupted seahorse in kedge and i could continue with other 1.Pretty boring if you ask me but yeah even druid epic can be a chore .I see it as a way to see how badly u want it.Nothing wrong with that.
  14. Miss Shortcake Elder

Yep. Competition won't decrease on the UDB. Now that a lot of guilds have finished it for their bard, you're now competing with their alt/box bards. The demand isn't going to decrease. And if nobody is killing open world trakanon once velious hits, every UDB that pops is going to get eaten by him.
  15. Kahna Augur

Most of the epics are "welfare" epics. Why should only a few classes have to struggle?
  16. GrugSA Augur

Bards don't have to "struggle" they have what is probably the best balanced epic in terms of effort vs. reward.
  17. Finley Augur

Guys no one is asking for things to be handed to them. They're asking for the opportunity to do the encounters in the first place. Isn't that what Phinigel is all about anyways? Waiting in an empty lair is tedious, boring, and not exactly difficult. Killing Trakanon is an epic encounter that involves slaying an undead turned living green dragon - the later being a fitting step for an epic quest, a step people want to do.

If we had been given UDB in picks this would be a non-issue. Or if he had been in expeditions it would have been a non-issue (I know there are tons of guilds out there that would have invited non-guilded members of the community along to finish their epics by this point in Kunark). They could even remove the Breastplate that drops off the spawned Trakanon. I assume that was put there in the first place so bards would have an easier time recruiting people to help them; but likely not needed anymore on TLPs.
  18. Bandok Augur

UDB only spawned in picks on Ragefire. That was changed before Kunark released on Lockjaw. So Phinny doesn't have it any worse for UDB than Lockjaw, aside from a higher population of bards.
  19. doah Augur

Cry me a river, I have been sitting at Verina Tomb's spawn just about every hour I have been on after I hit lvl 60, which took about a week and a half, and I have seen her once. There is no less than 5 people sitting at her spawn during the window. When she spawns she is usually dead within 2-3 minutes of spawning.
  20. Poydras Augur

Yeah so the overpowered, overplayed, flavor of the month, cheese class has a worse bottleneck problem for their epic, which by the way is also better. Maybe it should be that way? Or maybe instead of being selfish in your whining you can agree that both need to be fixed.