My Caster Merc is INSANE!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by zarcal, Mar 12, 2018.

1. zarcal Elder

Since turning 108, my caster merc runs off into the distance to cast his spells and somehow gets aggro on mobs that promptly kill him but they then don't aggro the group!!

What is up with my Merc?? and should i just switch to the Rouge?
  2. Aurastrider Augur

Sounds like something my 2yo would do but instead of casting spells she just throws crap across the room and attacks her baby sister and myself. I am starting to think mercs were designed after a devs child.
  3. Ninelder Augur

That's nothing, if you want to see true horror try getting a tank merc to do anything but commit suicide in current content.
  4. Flatchy Court Jester

Im always the MA and puller in my group. My caster merc always runs off too. I have seen the gettin aggro behavior from it before. It usually just gets so far away from group that it doesnt cast at all on mob hitting me when back at group. I used to be able to take myself off puller and he would run back to us and start casting. Doesnt work anymore and I have to resort to hollaring at the mage in group to COTH WEETODD again he got distracted by a squirrel again.
  5. Daedly Augur

Looked to me like my caster merc will cast that random teleport spell that moves them away from the thing they are attacking if the mob is brought to camp and they are standing too close. I don't know the name of it and haven't checked my logs to be sure. Not sure why it would be programmed to do this if they aren't getting hit. I have been lucky though, mine hasn't drawn aggro, yet.
  6. shruggz Elder

i have this issue as well.
    I usually just move the mage to where I want the merc to stand and coth it back.
    and try to keep my tank from allowing the mob to get too close to the merc.

without a mage for cothing this is a pita.
  7. Natal Augur

I rarely see this happen. It is common for merc wizards to be standing way out in the field among mobs and not agro them. I think when it does, the merc is casting some sort of AE at the same time, and it is that which agros other mobs.

One thing I have noticed that the merc wizard on one toon seems to do a pushback regularly, whereas on another toon it does not. Not sure why that is happening, but it does seem weird, as if different mercs are casting different spells for some reason.
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

All mercs need some coding and tuning love.
  9. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I enjoy watching them die because they wont move away from a rooted agroed mob...

Mercs are stupid, very very stupid...
    Zamiam likes this.
  10. Nniki Augur

I always enjoy (not really) an issue I see on rare occasions with my healer merc. I'll aggro something, take some damage, healer merc will begin casting a heal, I'll fade before the heal lands, healer merc then lands the heal on me (while there is no aggro) and somehow aggros the mob. I just stand there and watch it die without any aggro myself. Guessing due to weirdness in packet order or something, but it's always like wth.