Multiboxing is a sign of a deeper problem with the game.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Strawberry, Mar 14, 2022.

1. Whulfgar Augur

So.. you take issue with people's individual free will..

Understood..
  2. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Lol, what?
    Vumad, MasterMagnus and Xyphen like this.
  3. Whulfgar Augur

What part didn't you understand?
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

The pompous assumption out of left field part.

People are allowed to have free will of course, don't be absurd.

And they tend to choose to pay for things when they can. Sooooo....He's talking about people having free will.

Furthermore, for the non-reading comprehension impaired, he's talking about a game companies design choices, and how they should appeal to the broadest audience to maximize profit, and satisfy the most customers.

And if you were really on the ball, you'd get that, easing forced grouping in todays game is a part of that discussion we could have. If we were allowed to have nice things.
  5. Whulfgar Augur

Let's look at this logically.

Over 800,000 active gold accounts.

How many servers are there ?

Obviously some servers gonna have more players. However that's not the logic.

Here's a good bit of dose of reality. Which is more likely?

800,000 actively subbed accounts played by 1500 people?

800,000 activesubbed accounts played by 500+ k people ?

Let's go lowball let's say 250,000 people really play over 800k active accounts..

Divide 250k by how many severs..

Thats STILL upwards of what 7 to 12k people per server..

If thats remotely close it's not a game flaw that people so choose to box rather then play with others.

Thats called free will. In a game setting there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Just because it does not progress YOURE.. character as fast as you'd like.. or add in what ever "excuse" here ..

People all people eq differently. And all ways to eq (outside of cheating) are ok. Even if you don't like it and or.. are not skilled enough to warrant people actively hunting you down to grp with..
    Flatchy likes this.
  6. Qimble Augur

Woah, where did you get the 800k number from? Highest I've seen recently was in the 60k range for subs, 80k range if you include f2p accounts.
    Vumad and Whulfgar like this.
  7. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

So now you write your thesis?

Next time start with the substance over the snark ;)
  8. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Dude, lol.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

Oops numbers are off, however the logic still holds via smaller numbers.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Wow, someone needs more coffee :p
  11. Vumad Cape Wearer

This is how people budgeted mortgages in 2008.
  12. Rilekle New Member

LOL, Ya I believe he is possibly thinking about Lost Ark numbers not EQ :p
  13. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

No one is saying not to have HC or not to introduce a new tier of HC. What we are saying is that 100 is a fine place for the new tier to start at since it gives the boosted players some time to learn their new class as well as how the game has changed. Before going straight into the newest content.
  14. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

What are you calling "always?" Because for the first 6+ years after the caster and rogue mercs were introduced the casters dominated them for DPS. It has only been in the last maybe 5 years that the melee merc has caught up to and passed the caster mercs.
    Vumad, Nennius and Schadenfreude like this.
  15. Vumad Cape Wearer

Fair point. I wasn't running a parser back then. I guess I have been using a parser for about 3 years. I switched mercs immediately after.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Metanis like this.
  16. Creative Sparks Quiet One

are ya willing to put your money where your mouth is? lets put it this way. if botters dont keep the lights on how about we have an Anti-Botter month.. and have GM's suspend ALL Botters at once and see how the servers run.
  17. Creative Sparks Quiet One

k so what do you consider "core issues" finding groups is definitely in that top 3 slot.
  18. demoria7 Elder

The main goal should be stopping afk play, autopulling, 24/7 camp hogging and being mean to other players. Not stopping people from having so much fun they will pay for 6 accounts monthly at minimum often for multiple family members.

Automated toons with autopull disabled, could be a solution to player burnout, instead of a problem if only people would not be so short sighted.
    Witte, Imforfreedom and MacDubh like this.
  19. Sarrona Journeyman

Another issue is many of EQ's players are much older now. Many dont want to spam 13 spells, plus discs, plus AA's, and other abilieis (kick/bash/whatever). For many older people, having things to help them with rotations helps make the game more enjoyable. We have people in our guild that are 70+ years old afterall.
    Witte and Imforfreedom like this.