Multi-binding not working properly

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Fenudir, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Fenudir Augur

When I set up a hot bar so that all the buttons on that bar are bound to one key, not all of the buttons on that bar will fire no matter how much I press or mash that key. Any chance this can get looked into?
  2. Sarkaukar Augur

How do you have the keys bind? Post how your social key looks.
  3. Fenudir Augur

Keys were bound in options. Everything on hot bar 6 is bound to the "E" key. Every position on that hot bar will fire if I spam the "E" key but if I load the bar so that all 12 buttons are filled, 8 & 9 will never fire. It doesn't matter what I put in what spot.

The reason I bring it up is I tried to create another multi bind today with hot bar 10. I tied positions 4-12 to "Npad1" or "1" on my number pad. 10-12 would fire. 4-9 would not.

Connection is not an issue. Ping times are typically under 45ms and my frame rates rock now.
  4. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I wasn't able to reproduce what you have, but here's what happened when I tested this (as a bard):

- Spells have 0 problems when tied via hotbars
    - Abilities / Combat (Disarm Traps, Intimidate etc) have 0 problems when tied via hotbars

- with 12 AAs on a hotbar, tied to the same key, only the 12th AA fired. I swapped things around and still only the 12th one fires. So these seem to not work at all.
    - Macros with /alt act, /doability x, /cast also only have the 12th slot fire.
    - In case of macro/AA keys, the highest value hotkey fires (i.e. 3/12 slots = slot 3 fires, 12/12 slots, slot 12 fires)

edit: was not able to test Combat Abilities (i.e. disciplines) as bards only have 6 total
  5. Phrett Augur

I was having trouble the other day getting anything that was tied to a command to fire using a multi-bind. All the buttons directly pulled from the AA window or Disc list fired just fine. But I put a macro in there to turn attack on, and it just doesn't work. So I'm guessing any / command macro isn't working with multi-binds for some reason... has that always been the case?
  6. Fenudir Augur

I suppose I should have clarified one thing. None of the keys that I put into the hot bar were macro/social keys. All were either discs or AAs with no cast timers to them.
  7. Brudal Augur

Is one of the keys that is not working "Shared Viciousness" and are you testing its functionality against a test dummy?
  8. Fenudir Augur

Shared Viciousness fires just fine.