Move succor point in desert of Rho

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Haegar, May 14, 2013.

1. Haegar Augur

Been to Desert of Rho again, and now with the combined north/south its rather large.

Is there any "sane" reason, why the succor point is at the same spot as the port in ? Usually succor points are close to a city, in this case Freeport.

Any chance the spot can be changed to Docks ?
  2. Izcurly Augur

Sure there's a sane reason. South Ro and Oasis of Marr used to be completely separate zones when originally implemented, and that succor spot was a good choice for a zone that ended at the mountain pass on the north side. Oasis got folded into South Ro in 2006 I believe. Back when Oasis was its own zone, the succor point was the gypsy camp north of the lake, but of course you still would have had to run to the zone from North or South Ro before being able to do so.

In any case, succor spots, like teleport locations, were designed more for for safety than convenience. Devs have often responded to safety issues by either moving locations or mobs, but convenience requests generally go unanswered.
    Sinestra likes this.
  3. Haegar Augur

I happen to remember, that the succor point of North Rho used to be on the orc trail, which was not safe at all. I think it was moved later on.
    So why can´t we use the North Rho succor point ?
  4. Straahdx Augur

Ro, not Rho btw..
    Sinestra likes this.
  5. Sinestra Augur

Because it was unsafe and that is by far the most important portion of a succor point? Succor isn't for transport really.
  6. Izcurly Augur

See, you remember as I do...changes are for safety, not convenience.

Umm, North Ro and South Ro are still separate zones. The North Ro succor point is still used for North Ro.

If getting to Freeport is your goal, don't forget the Adventurers camp connections between North Ro, South Ro, and Commonlands. And that's usable by all classes, not just the three that have succor abilities.

It occurs to me, if you're a druid, that perhaps you're talking about "Succor: Ro", which is an evac version of "Circle of Ro". Usually when people say succor, they're referring to "Lessor Succor", or the wizard/necro equivalents of it.