Motivation To Play Clerics

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Karliv, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Lluianae Elder

This isn't a slight but I don't find saying some ADPS and minimal changes particularly constructive and unless their mindset has changed beyond all recognition over the decades, neither do the devs. What kind of ADPS and changes? How much? How are they used? It all matters.

It all has to be quantified and make sense. When I brought forth ideas in the past they had to be backed with evidence and numbers. Kizant (and likely others) more recently did this with Wizards and that work contributed to much needed change.

Now re: suggestions above that are creating entirely new concepts or going against the status quo, much of those are far beyond the scope of what would be worked with and also aren't constructive for the team. Furthermore we can see with how little has changed and been added to with spell lines in the last few expansions.

The team could look at existing tools and SPAs, tweak numbers and look to mechanics that already exist within the game. They could consult with people that know the class in and out. I remember well when this used to happen. Perhaps these days it's asking for too much.
  2. fransisco Augur

Lluianae is right that "a random bit of adps" doesn't change much. Does it stack with everything? Thats a huge ask right there. Is it significant enough to be wanted but doesn't interact with everything else to totally break melee damage? An adps ability that gets a cleric chosen over everything shamans bring would be game breaking.

So really, 1 adps buff doesn't change anything. Shm's have several, but also have very bottable healing, a pet that can off tank, good personal dps, and good buffs. A once every 10 minute AA click won't change anything for clerics.

There is a limited spot they are competing for in a group (the healer spot). Raid play is irrelevant here because the cleric issue is group oriented. The two options are to either:
    1. make cleric better than shaman at everything so they get picked (bad solution, as the problem stays the same and poor druids too)
    2. give cleric some dps/adps but ALSO reduce shamans so that cleric/druid are on an even playing field.