mortal coil nerfed?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Georgeo, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Georgeo Journeyman

is it me or does it seem that mortal coil has been nerfed??
  2. Brudal Augur

Can you provide any further information as what you think has changed such as reduced proc rate, the amount of lifetap from melee or the amount of AC conferred?
  3. Georgeo Journeyman

i have noticed the proc rate has severely decreased over the past few days, maybe a week or so....
  4. sojero One hit wonder

I personally haven't noticed any difference since the patch. IT was procing often for me last night when camping in CC.
  5. Myric227 New Member

I've had this issue for the past week. I've killed full MG pulls and it still didn't proc. I always though it was around a 25% chance to proc, but it seems way lower now. I guess I could just be crazy unlucky with the proc, but it's happened several times.
  6. Georgeo Journeyman

during my last 3 swarms, between lich sting, deflection, and leech curse, about 50 mobs dead and not a single mortal pop, needless to say i got mushed....
  7. Luft Elder

I had 3 fire in 3 seconds tonight at raid
    You're just unlucky, nothing different from what I can see.

Also, are you killing greens or something?
  8. Georgeo Journeyman

some are lb, some are green...
  9. Luft Elder

Mortal Coil won't fire off a green con kill. Has to be Light Blue or higher, at least that's been my experience with it. So that may explain, at least some, of the luck you've been having with it.
  10. Myric227 New Member

well mortal coil won't proc off of greens, but I have the same issue with all light blues.
  11. Moklianne Augur

Its level limited. Not all light blues will trigger it either. Light blues in one zone will trigger it much more than light blues in another zone due to level differences.
  12. Tegila Augur

never heard that before heh.

iven ever had an issue iwth MC procrates myself. ever. i see ppl always asking about it but they always seem to be the same level ranges and killing in the same places , i think theyrej sut outgrowing the cnotent or are in need of spneding more aas or somethign idk. even in kaesora at 99 when half or 2/3 of the mbos were green id have it proc within 2-5seconds of starting kills

to georgeo: you have really really painfully low aas for your level to be tryign to swarm or tank relevantly and im sure you're trying to catch up but its gonna be rough for a while due to this. and it appears pretty low hp/ac gear. didnt dig into magelo but how's yoru hereoics etc? where are you doing it ?

ok having clicked the link instead ofj sut looking at the numbers in signature, this doesnt appear to be really teh case, though gear is some shoudltn effect MC procs. wonder why your aas show 1800 in signature but over 4k in profile
  13. Moklianne Augur

I leveled up my SK by swarming in PoF. As my level increased, the number of procs started going down, even though the mobs were still LB. Pretty sure its a static level number or percentage of your level below your level and doesn't encompass the entire LB range.

Btw, I noticed the Trial for Power short duration buff cuts the proc rate down substantially. Not sure if you're using the same or a buff in the same line.
  14. Sinestra Augur

Well I was in Kurns for the weekend and I haven't leveled since the last time I was there, and it did seem like they were much less common than before. I just chalked it up to bad luck which I'm sure is all it is.
  15. Georgeo Journeyman

i thought the same thing, my gear is better than what is shown as well, aas are almost 4500, but the whole green mob not proccing was my issue, after being an sk since 2000, figure i would know something like that eh?