More Events for TLPs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Illusory, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Illusory Augur

I think the TLP servers are great and I really enjoy playing on them... However, events make me want to play even more! :)

Bonus XP Events
    Bonus Rare Spawn Events

The above are all very awesome special occasion events and I think they should occur far more often. Also a really great additional would be more scripted events like the Tipsy Gnome Race. And, since we have a ton of under utilized zones and a lot of players looking for something to do between expansions, random events every now and then would bring a lot of people together for some crazy shenanigans and fun.

For example, you could have 'Who's the strongest Ogre Event?' Broadcast it across the server and give players an entry requirement and enough time to meet the requirements.

1 - Create Ogre
    2 - Level Ogre to at least 4. (with event tag)
    3 - Register Ogre with event NPC.

(Obviously you'll need to combat cheaters, like Ogres made during the window and that have the event tag can't equip gear or obtain buffs that exceed their level, but that's for another discussion.)

The event itself would have players find and then deliver as many crates as they can in a set amount of time. Each crate would have a randomly large weight assigned to it slowing the character down further. By the end of the event you'd have a few dozen Ogres all running at a snail's pace trying to turn these things in. (What a sight, huh?)

(Just tossing out an idea for event, this isn't set in stone of course.)

And, what event wouldn't be complete without a lucrative prize? I'm thinking a 1 hour 5-20% XP potion or something for the strongest Ogres and perhaps a consolation prize for everyone else?

Thoughts?