More "An Epic Request" praise

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lenowill, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Lenowill Augur

I ran the Druid-specific event of "An Epic Request" for the first time today.

All I can say is... wow. I'm floored. I want to see this level of storytelling more often. o.0;; Apart from killing the poachers taking forever because I didn't have DPS spells loaded at the time... the whole experience was just one big jaw drop.

The way the story played so fluently with the Druid's lore and iconic abilities was... well, it was exquisite.

The quest also gave me some very nice lead-ins for the lore of the next expansion... and now I want to figure out what language a certain NPC that I eavesdropped on was speaking so that I can learn it and be able to understand his text when I run the quest a second time to get that other ornament!

Anyway, once again... my hat's off to Dzarn for an excellent tribute to the storied history of EverQuest's classes, and for managing to tie some of those stories into the content to come.
  2. Falos Augur

Make sure you get the jaggedpine portal clicky! It should be live on most servers now.
    Dzarn likes this.
  3. Qbert Gallifreyan

Not on Bristlebane yet, unfortunately.
  4. Falos Augur

You can powerlevel the portal completion on your server by having a couple porters bind at the jaggedpione portal being built and a couple porters bind at the felwithe quest giver.

Grab the task port to bind back to jaggedpine, get update, get dolerite, click the portal to contribute to its building, then port to bind back to the quest giver, drop your quest, get a new one.

rinse repeat. this should drastically speed up completion times for any servers that are not done yet.
  5. Qbert Gallifreyan

I think I'll pass on exploiting the quest, but I'm sure someone will pick up on it eventually.
  6. Lenowill Augur

The one on EMarr/Nameless is apparently "close" to done but not quite done yet.

Once it is done, how does one get one's clicky? Just go to the henge in Jaggedpine one more time?
  7. Edrick Augur

I just can't express how awesome Dzarn is. An EQ lore lover is my bestest friend.
    Starla, Ishtass and Crystilla like this.
  8. gcubed Augur

Just click on one of the stones of the druid ring. The clicky will appear on your cursor.
  9. Marton Augur

Recently I finished few epic requests for my characters. Very enjoyable quests; good work Dzarn :).
    Crystilla and Starla like this.
  10. Falos Augur

That's not an exploit lmfao it's exactly what i said it was - powerleveling the portal, or is powerleveling players an exploit too?

If it were an exploit i wouldnt condone it or have even posted it on the forums.. considering the 'reward' for the thing is a toy that most people will probably use once or twice total and is merely something neat to have that doesnt really give a practical benefit it's kinda hard to call this an exploit with a straight face.. especially since people power level aa's/ exp / game currency through various legit methods - this is merely efficiently grinding out the portals evolution.
  11. Iila Augur

Did you figure out how to find the false member of the animal council at the end without brute forcing it? I think it was like 1/5 for people I asked after the quests came out. The quest was cool, and the fair in Freeport was a great homage to an awesome game.

"Good news! The boats are working again!" fhafhjkadlhfaouiotekjlgdbasjklbgkja DZARN!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  12. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Great quest, except for the part where you wander around random zones for no apparent reason other than a massive time sink.

The actual story part is great though, the rest like I said is just effing beyond stupid.
  13. Lenowill Augur

I cheat-sheeted that bit of information. If I had stopped to think about it for a bit I might've figured it out on my own, but my play session was running long as it was. Pretty clever method too -- I wish more stuff made use of these sorts of things. :) It brought a smile to my face.
  14. MrGPAC Augur

I absolutely LOVED the Cleric one...you got to run around as a dragon multiple times and figure some things out. Finding ground spawns and mobs without track or a guide was interesting...but all in all it was a wonderful quest with great lore and a lot of fun.

The SK one was great as well...run around plane of hate...re-live some lore and some history...good stuff.

The bard one was a joke. Didn't feel thought out at all. No instance, no DZ, no lore. You help the band play the symphony you did for your 1.0...and then a mob attacks you because it doesn't like the sound...and its done. Sure it was nice to have one of the three I was boxing be short and quick...but I felt really really cheated on the bard...especially after how intricate/well done the Cleric and SK were.

~MrGPAC
  15. Lenowill Augur

Personally, I like the bard one - but in a different way than I like the Druid one.

Even though the bard event is light on new lore, it was nice to see the large collection of famous bard NPCs all together, along with the "redeemed spirit" (who I presume to be the Undead Bard from Trakanon's Lair, now freed of the curse that befell him during his quest).

Could it have been more developed, especially compared to some of the others? Sure, of course, but I do like that we finally got to see the Maestro's Symphony performed. Even if the song is the Katta Castrum theme. :p
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Dre. Altoholic

I like most of these quests (Paladin event is easily my favorite) but I HATED the Druid event.... it took forever and it was really overtuned for my level at the time (75ish)
  17. gcubed Augur

Evidently, getting the clicky from the completed druid ring is a little more complex than I thought.

If you have done the quest for an epic ornament (An Epic Request), just clicking on the completed druid ring will give you the clicky.

I am not certain when you are flagged to get the clicky. It would be either after you contributed to the building of the druid ring during An Epic Request (you can still do this even if the ring is complete), or after you complete the whole quest.
  18. Illusionist_Innania Augur

I liked the chanter one, but it was a bit confusing at times. Some of the phrases didn't work like they said they would, so had to be skipped. That being said, I loved having to use all my class-specific abilities in one quick area, and it was a fun flashback to the 1.0.
  19. --Voodoo-- Augur

I liked the Bard one. End fight not all that great, but the symphony was fun. Mage was ok. Spoiled a little for me since I kept getting stuck with Squallmane tossing me around for 10 minutes then despawning. Three times in a row the 2nd time I ran the quest (speaking of that, it'd be nice if doing the quest once would flag you for all the epics you've done). I'd like to see the other events, wish I could just do them on my mage. I'm not making any alts.

This Jaggedpine clicky... that just for druids? Also, I just remembered I've never gone back to Freeport like it told me to. Anyone know what that's about? Should I bother? (I try to avoid Freeport when possible...)
  20. gcubed Augur

The clicky can be used by all classes.

The Freeport thing is in an instance. It is kind of like the games found at your standard carnival. The two that come to mind is a drinking contest and a punch-up with a clockwork. You get tokens from these games based on how good you do and you can purchase prizes with those tokens.