Moors of Nokk Achievement: Suffer No Shocks

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Mar 28, 2024.

1. Windance Augur

We've started working on raid achievements and so far this one has eluded me.

Any advice?

So far we tried all the standard stuff.
    - Those that get called run away as soon as called. ( folks die due to dot )
    - Those that get called run away as soon as the red aura for wave of fire pops ( aura clipped by landscape

We had one person avoid it. Wizard who used runes to absorb/avoid damage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Achievement: Suffer No Shocks = "Nobody gets hit by Temperature Shock"

During the 2nd boss phase:
    - The Master Magus summons Freezing Sleet to coat PC1, PC2, PC3, PC4, and PC5.
    - 10s later: big red aura
    - Master Magus Trablic summons a wave of fire that begins to close on his location.

Those who have Freezing Sleet then get hit with "Temperature Shock"
    - "Master Magus Trablic begins casting Temperature Shock."

How do you avoid it?
  2. Knifen Augur

I keep getting 2 raids mixed up so if this info is from the other raid please ignore.

But watch your buff slots, you get a heart debuff looking icon on several people ( i dont think it says who just watch your buffs). When that happens make sure those people with the debuff un away and wait for the AE to go off. Sorry trying to do this from memory without my triggers at home to help remind me what raid is what.

Edit-
    Ahh read more of your post, looks like it does say who gets the debuff. And its pretty easy to tell who doesnt get out of the AE, its pretty much instant death for that person.

If your not living when moving away BEFORE the aura goes off make sure those people are clicking their Vallia's Unyeilding Bravery. Perhaps have healers in their group heal them.
  3. Windance Augur

This is the raid where you are in the small fort and the commander pops "axes" while you heal the good NPC though the arrow attacks.
  4. Kakashi77 Elder

Those emoted with freezing sleet need to run away before magus summons the flame aura. If they get caught in the aura (which starts off pretty wide), it's a fail. Just set a spot far enough from where you tank magus and make sure those that get freezing sleet make it there asap. Planting a healer at the spot also helps to keep those folks there alive (or have their grp healers pay attention as freezing sleet is also a nasty dot itself). They can then come back in once the magus fire aura has subsided and not before then. That's basically it.
  5. FYAD Augur

The people who get the emote have to be Johnny on the spot running away very quickly. There is only a few seconds of time to react before you get deaded. You can die from the dot just as long as you don't die from the giant red aura. Depending on where your raid positions the Magus, the red decal will cover most, or all, of the event area. One may have to run completely out of the fort to avoid the red. In order to successfully get the achievement, everyone who gets emote must avoid the red aura or it's a fail for everyone. Gating out of the event entirety is also an option if you have people who can't be trusted to immediately react and run to a designated spot.
    Yinla and Knifen like this.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

Also, if the folks who get freezing blast die from freezing blast, this also fails the raid-wide achievement.

Behind the pens in the opposite corner is also an option.

I recommend posting a shaman wherever you designate running to, squall and keep folks alive.
  7. FYAD Augur

True, provided you're not tanking the magus in the center of the area, which I've seen done in the open raids on my server.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

We go (east/west? - can't recall the directions) but ran past the door from dhakka to the corner past the door on the same wall (we use the other wall from dakka for moving to avoid the bad ae) and it worked sometimes. Failed it plenty of times but also succeeded. Still trying to figure out the exact details.
    I'm guessing as is suggested above failure is just not being fast enough.
  9. Shredd Augur

burn the mage down. . then just a few times it emotes
  10. Lianeb Augur

If your raid sets up near Dakka (which you should) have those emoted run to the opposite corner behind the prisoner pen.

Clicking your Valla's Unyeilding Bravery (from NoS) will block the dot tics on those that need to run, so they survive.
    Fenthen and Kakashi77 like this.
  11. Mulerien Elder

When we decided to get the achievement, we tanked the magus in the corner by the cages within line of sight dhakka, and had the entire raid set up on Dhakka and full range dps. We found that you can out range the fire aura, ensuring that no one even has to move if they are at max range. The melees sat on hands at dhakka until the magus died. It ended up taking a couple minutes longer but we successfully got it.
    Windance likes this.
  12. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

If you find that you are losing the achieve to the same folks every week (you can look in your logs to determine - just look for "temperature shock" in your archived logs, etc.), then make a group and park them out of range of the aura for the duration of magus' lifespan, and have folks burn it to help with the achieve.

we set up at dhakka and dodge to the wall past the cooking fire, and have a couple healers watching over the dodgers. but, we had two folks that seemed to miss it regularly, so i just had them hang out with me at the cook pots until the danger had passed. :)