Monthly subscription fee

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Zolos, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Tegila Augur

It's more like $150 a year if you want to save money, plus tax all around now apparently. $120 a year if you plan to play a year, $31.50 for the expansion after discount.

And when you're talking about $60 for games you win and are done in a matter of days or hours..I know I think it's silly, but it's also why the unlimited hours on EQ make it worth the cost.

As for PC games: the hardcore gamers still ime them but a growing portion of the population doesn't even have a pic anymore. They might have a Chromebook or an iPad of they want more than a phone or 7" tablet, but more and more just don't have PCs, and more and more are going phone games and consoles over all bc the consoles can do a lot more now, they're almost computers. All the flash games people have played for decades too are going byebte in a couple weeks so even the grannies playing Farmville on FB have to find something else. (I say that tongue in cheek bc I tried playing Farmville again after many years just before I found out flash was going away)
  2. Tornat Augur

Again never said EQ wasn't worth the cost. my point was it's not the cheapest game to play anymore and more in expensive side. I agree with the other guy EQ is cheaper than going out clubs / theater dinning ect. But I disagree with your statement there. there games I bought 3 years ago im still playing today. I mean I am trying to think of what game I bought and stop playing less than a month and I can't think of one. I mean im still playing Monster hunter world and that came out in 2017 or 18 I don't remember.
  3. Flatchy Court Jester

I still have all my old PC games. Baldurs gates, diablos , quakes. I am sure there is a way you can play these games on todays computers but I cant figure it out. I wanna play my Redneck Deerhunter and Deus Ex dammit.

The point of that ramble was I used to buy them games one after another till I would beat it then I would put it on the shelf and move to the next one. After I discovered EQ I have never bought another video game pc or console (to play).