Monk Raid Staff VS Monk Group Staff

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Monkman, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Monkman Augur

Why is the graphic on

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=131736 (group staff from HS)

more appropriate for a 2h than....

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=131601 (tier2 event 3)

I seriously think a mistake has been made.

Currently the raid staff has the exact same look as

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=131591 (bst/mnk 1hb VP raid)

I know this is an expansion of "firsts" ie the flagging requirements from prior expansions in order to participate in this years raids... however I certainly believe this mix-up is an oversight and should be corrected. There is no rhyme or reason why there should be two raid weapons with the exact same look especially considering one is meant to be wielded with two hands and the other with one hand. Lore/RP wise this does not make sense.

[IMG]
  2. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I need either or....
  3. Maedhros High King

The raid weapon graphics are sad as hell this year.
  4. feeltheburn Augur

THIS. totally agree.
  5. Fohpo Augur

Yeah, EoK graphics were pretty BA and I think the RoS leave a good bit to be desired. Must be some conspiracy to push ornament sales in FashionQuest.
  6. Horyuken Augur

I think getting this stuff fixed is a slippery slope. If they do it for this item you open up the flood gates for every class making an argument valid or not for new graphics.....
  7. Monkman Augur

Horyuken while I agree with your comment, my point was that never before have a 1hb and a 2HB shared the same graphic from a raid loot table. I seriously think this was an honest mistake when they added the graphics into beta in the final week(s). It just doesn’t look one bit like a staff which is clearly stated in the name of the item.
  8. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Maybe MasterMagus the super smart realestate policeman with a side job making fashionquest items a reality can design more player studio stuff..
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  9. Horyuken Augur

Can the Players studio stuff have particles, or just the graphic?
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  10. Forty5 New Member

More wep ornaments please. Player made, dbc, more options.

These RoS weps are terribad
  11. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Granted the Pal/SK 2 hander, Mercy, looks god enough, but same graphic as the group version from T2... little sad.
  12. Monkman Augur

That would be wonderful for the monk staff tbh. Just give us a copy of the group staff and throw a little bee swarm around the end of it. Would make for a legit “staff”
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I would like to see RoS raid weapon graphics improved.
  14. EnchFWO Augur

My understanding is that when you submit your design for consideration or whatever you can request a particle effect to go with it if appropriate. At least that is what was said a long time ago. May not be true anymore.

ps. Fix the monk weapon. Fix ALL the weapons. Give the art team something to do other than terribad HF ornaments.
    MasterMagnus and Monkman like this.
  15. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Player Studio ornaments (for weapons or shields) CAN have particle effects, but the artist has to request that with the submission. We don't get to design our own. But we can ask, dripping ice effect like xyz that's already in-game.

Not many have them, it's an extra hoop to have DBG jump through, and I believe they don't have anybody that could do this for us any longer.

When you look through the Marketplace, if an ornament has an effect it will be visible in the preview window (sometimes takes a second to load).

*edit*
    I came in late. And just to note, since this seems Monk related.

Initially we were able to make Hand to Hand/fist ornaments (whatever the proper term). They have closed that category a while ago, so you won't see anything new of those, even if someone new were to start designing.