Monk Question

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Naugrin, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Naugrin Augur

Ok I have a monk alt. I'm sure some mains have parsed this out somewhere...

I have the haste click from cragbeast queen. For overhaste I have the ancient cloak of flames. I also have the raid version of the RoF class weapon (possessed master's dreadstone katar maybe?) Which gives 25% overhaste.

What dmg weapon would make you ditch that 25% proc and ride with the 17% (assuming 18 delay)?

Or would you proc it every 30 seconds via bandolier?
  2. Xikteny Augur

Investigate (monk-only) 2HBs.
  3. Naugrin Augur

I have it...that doesn't mean I don't want to know about duel wielding...especially as I'm still working on his 2h aa.
  4. Riou EQResource

I believe the RoF t4 Class only weapon was basically equal to CotF t1 h2h's as long as you didn't have a bard to give you 25% OH.

With bard 25% OH the CotF t1 h2h wins, otherwise it should tie.
  5. Kutsuu Augur

According to recent posts with parses on the Monkly Business forums, the Monk-only 2hbs are in the lead on DPS right now. You might consider proccing and swapping, but it's possible that the 2hb would just plain win out.
  6. Kiillz Augur

Guess its a matter of level and what weapons your accessible to?? the raid 2hander now is the best dps, but again it s a matter of what your privy to atm.
  7. SoroxDrinal Elder

I thought once you equipped the monk RoF class raid weapon katar, you got 30sec of overhaste?! So that's not the case? I've been meaning to finish up RoF progression just for the overhaste buff.
  8. Riou EQResource

It's a proc with pretty high uptime
  9. Naugrin Augur

It's a proc...but it procs fast and often.
  10. Kiillz Augur

The class wep is WELL worth it for times your grouped and no bard. I believe it last bout 30secs if you choose to equip for the proc then go to main weps or it might be better then what ya got idk. in my case i arm it for a proc and then use my wep rinse n repeat.