Monk h2h damage/delay at level 70?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by TheDohn, Apr 20, 2022.

1. TheDohn Augur

I can find the damage table for monk barehand damage/delay through level 60 on TLPs, but not 61+. Can anyone help, please? I know the epic sets delay to 26, but I want to evaluate the ratio as compared with other weapon options.
    Dre. likes this.
  2. Sythrak20 Elder

I don't have the numbers on me but epic offhand is the best until you can get puresteel wraps and shinai of the ancients in PoP (if your guild can tolerate the pushback). You use something like Fangs of Vyzh'dra or the best weapon of the era in your primary for the damage bonus on MotM targets prior to that. Once you're past PoP you won't ever be using the epic again.
  3. Zanarnar Augur

after 60, with the weapons available, your hands won't ever be better again. Especially if you consider the stats and procs you'd lose out on, plus having to wear your epic gloves leaves that slot gimped too. (Its been... a while since I mained a monk, maybe that changed since then so correct me if I'm wrong, please!)

(Edit: poster above me is likely more correct.. still I remember switching once I got to the H2H from ssra temple, time stuff was hands down better IMO. )
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Sythrak20 Elder

The emperor 2h didn't really parse very well that I recall unless it was a short fight with burst discs, and since MotM those fights are few. You'll want the dark hand wraps from VT for the h2h skill bonus for your hand slot once you replace the epic, and you'll be using those for a very long time.
  5. TheDohn Augur

Thank you all for the gear advice.

I'm actually asking what the damage value for monk bare hands at 70 is though, not so much recommendations for gear that is better than that.
    Dre. likes this.