Monk - Echo of Deceit Now Useless?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Kongfoo, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Kongfoo Elder

For a long time the monk echo disc has been our main pulling ability. I got echo of deceit 2 days ago and I was eager to be able to pull mobs in the new TBS zones with it. Little did I know at the time that this disc now gets resisted by almost every mob in TBS every attempt I try to use it. So after many failed attempts with the rank 1 version of this disc, I got the rank 2 version and it is still resisted every time making it useless. The mobs I am using this on are not immune to mez. Not only is echo useless in TBS, monk pacify is useless as well. It only works on mobs up to 105 and many mobs that are 105 and lower are immune to it as well. This just leaves fd pulling and moving mountains + fd as our only pulling tools. FD splitting can be really random and moving mountains doesn't work in many TBS zones because of how they are layed out. I am unable to do any real pulling now because of all of this.
  2. Riou EQResource

Yep, was like this in Beta, and the same bad resist applies to other melee checks
  3. Hatsee Augur

Resist rates were set high for some reason. Really high.
  4. Symbius Augur

Beyond the horrible xp and locked zones, this is the most annoying part of the expansion so far.

Why even bother giving an upgrade to this pulling tool if it is completely worthless?

I've resorted to just doing it the old fashioned way with having someone tag as i don't even bother trying anymore to use it.
  5. Taiqwon Augur

Fix this crap. The ability is literally useless as it's resisted around 70-80% of the time. We already get enough discs that never get used it's not great to see a useful pulling tool like this wind up being another one.
  6. Aggememnon Elder

Its not just in TDS. DHs HAs and in Argin Hiz HA, as well as in the mines there. Its actually an anti-pulling ability, in that all it gets you regularly are trains. You have to rely on the in-camp Cc abilities or basically any other class. Typically, pack of 3 mobs, lull one - gets a 'not affected' message, then you try mezz and boom, you pulled 3 mobs. I'm basically having to use other grp members to CC, or else FD split and ask for a tag.....

While you fix this, could you also reduce imitate death timer to 30 seconds, so that next expansion we can at least function semi-effectively in the time between ignored beta feedback and the eventual fix? Seems reasonable, no?
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Argin's a pretty poor example of a trend - basically every form of CC was disabled in some form or another on all of the mobs there. Snare, root, stun, mez, pacify, whatever.

They've previously said that ID timer wouldn't be lowered any further - was on that thread asking for MM/ID to have identical recast timers iirc.
  8. Gumlakx Augur

This needs to get fixed ASAP.
  9. SaderakhBertox Augur

What I've so far experienced is that the AE mezzes are pretty much a no-go, but single target mezzing is A-OK. I have grouped with an enchanter some in TDS who confirmed the same for ae mezz versus single target.

Caverns was fun. There should be some debuff if Moving Mountains makes the mob hit its head on the ceilings haha
  10. Noirfu Augur

The raw spell data seems to be set to make this much better than the last version. I think this is a code bug.

Deceit rank 1 has a resist adjust of -128.
    Prevarication rank 3 has a resist adjust of -44.
  11. Masse The Butcher Journeyman

experiencing the same deal with the Rogue Mez/Blur traps. it barely works on anything.
  12. SaderakhBertox Augur

On the Echo of Prevarication, sometime afterward, they tweaked the range some... I've been using the new one a little bit here and there but I can't tell yet. Did they base the range of the new one off the original Echo of Prevarication, or the revision?
  13. Crystilla Augur

Not sure if this helps but ...

[43968/8600] Echo of Deceit
    Classes: MNK/103
    Skill: Offense (Combat Skill)
    Endurance: 723
    Restriction: Out of Combat
    Target: Target AE
    Range: 200', AE Range: 30'
    Resist: Physical -128
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 12s, Timer: 6
    Duration: 12s (2 ticks), Dispelable: No
    1: Mesmerize up to level 108
    2: Cast: Echo of Deceit Trigger on Duration Fade
    Text: You hear an echo.
    Distracts your target and those near your target with a phantom sound, leaving them confused for %z. This ability cannot be used while in combat.

[35065/8500] Echo of Prevarication
    Classes: MNK/98
    Skill: Offense (Combat Skill)
    Endurance: 705
    Restriction: Out of Combat
    Target: Target AE
    Range: 200', AE Range: 30'
    Resist: Physical -31
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 12s, Timer: 6
    Duration: 12s (2 ticks), Dispelable: No
    1: Mesmerize up to level 103
    2: Cast: Echo of Prevarication Trigger on Duration Fade
    Text: You hear an echo.
    Distracts your target and those near your target with a phantom sound, leaving them confused for %z. This ability cannot be used while in combat.
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The rog traps have always been vastly inferior to echo so if there's trouble with echo, I can only imagine how awful smoke is :(.
    Masse The Butcher likes this.
  15. Symbius Augur

I have no idea what that Resist -128 really means, but that is vastly different than any of the other Echo spells in the line.

Whatever it is, the whole thing is extremely annoying still.
  16. Renaan New Member

After getting rank2 it does seem to help a little, but one thing is for sure is that you must get used to using the lull line now instead of mez to pull....

Darkened Apparition is now your new friend for this expansion, sure some mobs are uneffected... but it helps even at rk1
  17. Nedrom Augur

Unacceptable.
  18. Riou EQResource

Prathun made a post that the TDS NPC resist rate should be fixed in next patch most likely
    Kontra likes this.
  19. Kontra Augur

Rank 2 Echo is working slightly more often than Rank 1, but I agree theres definitely some major issues with resist rates. @Riou - Thanks for the update..should make a big difference hopefully!
    Riou likes this.