Monk Dps-Burn.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Skysoldier, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Skysoldier New Member

Hello everyone,
    I have a 105 monk, been playing for 16 years on and off. I bought EoK, awesome!
    So, I am redoing my Monk Dps-Burn setup because I am only parsing about 30-50k on Dps and about 50-70k on a burn. All my CA from 95-105 are Rk.II and have all my H2H (Likota Fistwraps+ Cristanos Kiss w/ 10 dmg augs), 2HB (Shattered Maw w/Coin of Weighted Balance), Kick all maxed. My AA is 14,209. I am using Deathseeker Soulforge armor, and TBM-EoK Nonvis. I have spend the last week trying different monk setups such as "Monk Dps. L105 TBM" (Google). I know how to do macros, hotkey and binds. I've gone through about 4-5 setups so far and still cannot figure why my Dps sucks. My next step is to go through every single CA and AA separating them into their categories such as Punch, Kick, etc and figure out their timers. I am at a lose at the moment as what do, and what am I doing wrong. ANY help or advice or even your 105 set up with burn order would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,
    Surrak - Firiona Via
  2. Lisard Silly

only use 2hb, only follow my burn if its a 80 second - 120second fight. anything longer and pairing/stacking changes for better over-all sustained dps.

the thing about monk dps is its different in different scenarios. one "cookie cutter" order isn't gonna work 100% of the time.

you also want to make sure your only "burning" when epics/ADPS are on to get the most out of everything.

My guide is just a general outline. to help make sense of it all.

idk how else to break it down without getting us even more nerfed into oblivion =P.

Oh Stack Hdex as well =P
  3. ~Mills~ Augur

/delete monk
    /reroll zerker

the same applies for rogues.
    JPete likes this.
  4. Minato Augur

This

and im usually pretty confident....

And as to what lisard said about 2hb that will change with the new eok raid duel wield set up from the parses ive done using current weapons and the added aa.
  5. Hostility Elder

Nerf Monks
  6. JPete Lorekeeper

Yeah, this is pretty much all you can do.

A berserker can use their Epic 2.0's and still beat everyone on the parse.

The dev's have clearly made the game all about SK's and Zerkers these days. Everyone else can suck a fish.

However, if you insist on playing what can only be considered as horrible DPS, then multi-bind up all your spam abilities and learn to time your disc's properly. You've obviously read that Freelance post, so you should have all the info you need.

Blow everything you've got right off the bat and hope the fight lasts the proper length of time for you to have a shot at showing up on the parses with all the other non zerkers.
  7. Vdidar Augur

You better be careful talking about sks like that.
  8. Repthor Augur

Sks can swarm this thread np
    Jhenna_BB and Vdidar like this.
  9. Vdidar Augur

They will deny their power or they just don't know how to get it out of the toon more likely.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I don't hear too many Ranger's complaining about where they are in RoK. I do hear other classes complaining about us though!

It's sort of a funny Twilight Zone. We're in a Kunark based setting and there's no Ranger Jokes left to tell!
  11. JPete Lorekeeper

Hard to joke about someone that slaps the rest of the non-zerkers. You're not Zerker DPS, but you pretty much own every other melee type these days. Rangers are definitely in a nice spot compared to the non-zerker.
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

We'll inch closer when we have our RoK Bows. The proc is very important on burns. That won't happen until we're all killing Atrebe's Vault though, assuming nothing changed from BETA.