(monk) divine surge of battle from eagle strike and killing spree confliction

Discussion in 'Melee' started by monk12, Feb 13, 2018.

1. monk12 Journeyman

I do not believe these two stack, are they not supposed to?
  2. Brudal Augur

[50901/49660] Killing Spree V
    Classes: WAR/254 MNK/254 ROG/254 BER/254
    Skill: Alteration
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 42s (7 ticks) Song, Dispelable: Yes
    2: Increase Current Endurance by 400
    9: Increase Hit Damage by 45%
    13: Increase Current Endurance by 200 per tick

[50951/41160] Divine Surge of Battle V
    Classes: MNK/254
    Skill: Alteration
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 12s (2 ticks) Song, Dispelable: No
    1: Increase Current Endurance by 300 per tick
    2: Increase Current Endurance by 300

The per tic hots are on different lines (13 and 1) and the instant end heal on lines 2 shouldn't block. Would check your logs for "is blocked by Killing Spree" if you are concerned.
  3. Riou EQResource

The slot 2 is the reason they don't stack with each other (because it is a buff not an instant I guess, dunno if Heal or other things have the same issue, but these do), same reason that Swift Tails AA also has blocking issues with them

Brought up some other stacking issues in beta too, but none of that is addressed either. A bunch of them cause various issues that certainly aren't helping making some really that viable to use (where the Devs seem to be trying to do so).
  4. feeltheburn Augur

why would anyone want to be interested in it anyway.
  5. Moldar Augur

because gaining 100 extra endurance regen every 6 seconds doesn't warrant loosing a 45% damage mod buff when you kill something, else divine surge of battle is a good way to help keep endurance up / regen it back after a death. But potentially loosing out on a 45% damage mod is not a good tradeoff especially when EXP grinding w/ a group where you have a high chance of killing NPC's back to back and using the remaining time of Killing Spree's damage modifier on the next NPC pulled into camp
  6. feeltheburn Augur

so is STC and you can be happy with spree all you want
  7. monk12 Journeyman

The way it works I believe is that spree over writes surge of battle, it just makes it less effective to use in the group or solo game (as Moldar said). Less incentive to use over tiger or dragon in non raid situations.

Would be great it stacked, probably the most beneficial strike, I don't think that would be too unbalanced.