Monk CRT

Discussion in 'Melee' started by sojuu, Feb 8, 2013.

1. sojuu Augur

So how do monks go about getting representation as in being a CRT member? I am not sure what the CRT really is, as in I am assuming this is a voluntary thing that someone does to be the eyes and ears of what they are a CRT member for.
    I am just looking at ways to try and get monks recognized by the devs is there anyway to get a monk CRT member amoung us? We really are hurting in the game and need some help.
  2. Maereax Augur

Good question - How does this work?
  3. Labowen New Member

Found this hope it helps some
    Q: How do I become a member of the CRT program?
    A: Twice yearly we will review the current membership of the CRT program and see if there are any positions that need to be filled, or members that are not active enough in the program to contribute. During this period we will open up suggestion threads for potential members; either volunteer yourself for the program or someone may suggest you.
  4. Aggememnon Elder

This has been raised a number of times, and the process is by invitation only. It seems to me this is just an elite club, where each member, under the guise of being 'impartial' is clearly just looking out for their own classes' interests. How else could monks have gotten into the state they are currently in?
  5. Mykaylla Augur

CRT is by application, when they do a "recruitment drive." They did one in April, 2011. That one saw 11 new appointments. There are 16 classes. They did another one in January, 2012. Unfortunately, that one was lost in the ether after shuffles with community relations, F2P, et cetera.

I think everyone, regardless of class, would like to see the SOE team call for appointments to CRT again, even if for no other reason than that there have been a considerable number of retirements from EQ, and the last recruitment drive fell through. It's not the Antimonk Conspiracy(TM). ;)
  6. Aggememnon Elder

Well ok its technically an invitation to apply. Monks did I believe put some names forward, and that round of applications is the one that was lost. However, ask yourself the following:
    1. Which class is not represented on the CRT?
    2. Which class in EQ is hurting most right now?

We need some action on both points, and it is well overdue.
  7. sojuu Augur

So are we just kind of SoL till they decide to ask about more names, if they ever do that again? And then hope it doesnt get lost again. Or is there any way we can speed the process up?
  8. Piestro Augur

It's in the works. I've pulled in some help for EQ, hopefully that will give us time to address the CRT membership along with a few other details.
    sojuu likes this.
  9. sojuu Augur

Very much appreciated!!!
  10. Shang Augur

I'll represent the monks if you'd like, Piestro.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

As a reminder you can bring your concerns to any member of the CRT program but you might have to explain more to them then if they played your class.
  12. Aggememnon Elder

Hopefully some substantial fixes for monks form some part of those details?
  13. Sokon Augur

Requirements/box checks a CRT Monk should posses.

1. You have a history of participating in the monk community.
    • Online - You are in the serverwide monkly channel when you are online.
    • Offline - You have contributed to the monk forums on either monklybusiness, here, or both.
    2. You have played a raiding monk up through the current expansion.
    3. You are a member of a top 20 raid guild.
    4. Your name is Qulas. (optional)
  14. Savager Augur

Man, I am so close on this one...