Monk crit chance?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by SHmoob, Nov 21, 2019.

1. SHmoob New Member

So I see the ranks of combat fury were increased for monks in the patch notes, but how much were they increased by? I see it at +230% now, I think zerkers are at 255% or so. Can't seem to find that info, anyone have it? And anyone done any testing on how much it increases DPS?

Thanks!
  2. Sancus Augur

Prior to the patch it was 160%, now it's 230%. Berserker was/is 255%.

Most classes, including Monks, have a 3/5th's multiple in their melee critical chance calculation. Berserkers are not subject to that, so the Combat Fury %'s are not directly comparable.
  3. Windd Journeyman

Nice they buffed monks now more high dps classes will quit very smart dbg way to go.
  4. Derresh Augur

what?
  5. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The issue with this statement is, there are no Monks because the class stagnated so long prior to TBL. Like 7 Monks will receive this benefit. Yes, I'm exaggerating sarcastically to be funny.
    Riou likes this.
  6. SHmoob New Member

Found the zerker
  7. Windd Journeyman

Dbg playing favorites to monks nice. what about rangers rogs wizards mages ? wheres our boost?
  8. InnerDruid New Member

Used to be in the top 5 parse during our raids. Then, in the last expansion or two, the rangers, rogues, and mages pushed us back far enough that we're doing good just to be in the top 10.

With so little emphasis on pulling, melee dps is all we have to bring to the table, let that erode away and there is nothing left.

Given all the raid mobs that make melee dps change targets a lot, or make us get away from them for big chunks of the fight, it's about time there was a little loving.

Disregarding melee dps, btw, is the mistake that they made in WoW that drove me to quit.
    After Lich King, they punched all the melee dps types right in the face by making almost all the boss fights such that it was only the tank that could stay on the mob. Having the melee dps cooling their heels for a big part of every fight put a serious damper on their dps, and their subsequent inclusion in raids.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Monks making "high dps" classes quit. Yeah, don't think so.
  10. SHmoob New Member

Also don't worry zerkers still stomping everyone :p
  11. Laronk Augur

You don't think rogues should be ahead of monks? Obviously rangers have tons of utility and mages have their pets but rogues?
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Did you even read the latest patch message? I don't mean to pick on you but it would appear you didn't read it.

All Rangers want to have Dazarn's babies - no that's not weird at all!
  13. Riou EQResource

When the "high dps" classes turn into a dumpster tier class for 8 straight years, then maybe you wont feel that way when your class suddenly becomes decent again

Plus these boosts probably aren't going to surpass the "high dps" classes, because those classes haven't seen their boosts yet
  14. Funk Augur

Rogue, Monk, and Berserker should all very close in dps as they are all three pure melee dps. But that's just my opinion. They should have thrown this bone to monks long ago.

Are you serious? Monks have been neglected for years. Your post seems pretty darn trollish. And I'm not even gonna quote the other one because it's just as foolish as the first.
    feeltheburn likes this.
  15. feeltheburn Augur

folks its just another poor pitiful me with a whine and cheese post.
  16. SHmoob New Member

I agree it should be a nice even fight between rogue/monk/zerk. Zerks can blow everyone away by 500k on short fights though. Don't really understand it, just lack of people who raid on the dev team?
    Funk likes this.
  17. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Not really exaggeration. Mine languishes on test because no way in h4ll I'm burning a krono on it.
  18. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Hey did rangers get "laid" finally on last patch? Or I misread? Or they still lookin for their honey?

BTW, since we be moaning about class balance and stuff, you all remember when monks were nerfed to tank worse than druids? Them were tha days boyz! :D
  19. Laronk Augur

So monks should tank like rogues right
    menown likes this.
  20. Zerker1231 Lorekeeper

No it really shouldn't be for obvious reasons monks bring a lot more utility. If you want monks to be equal dps please give zerkers and rogues FD, mend.

Monks should be an option but if all things are equal a rogue/zerker should come out ahead.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and menown like this.