Monk - 1h vs 2h

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Kongfoo, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Kongfoo Elder

Where did you do your tests?
  2. Kiillz Augur

live mobs ....combat dummies....h2h did not out parse the 2hander
  3. Zarakii Augur

[IMG]
  4. Kongfoo Elder

If you used combat dummies in a guild hall to test it, then I think you missed my point. 2h parses higher with FoF blocked and with it on always. 1h parses higher with buff timers fading.

What was the scenario for the live mobs? Did you have adps? A tank? More info pls.
  5. Kiillz Augur

in my raid groups its always a bard shaman and either zerker or beast. the latter two at times are changed up due to events and people rotating in, but always a bard and shaman. I didnt miss a point. Dummies are useful as well, and as you can see in what I stated I didnt base my findings completely based on them alone.
  6. Sarcogian Augur

Curious to see what the expansion has in store for us with additions to sinister strike. 40% increase to passive damage by offhand.
  7. Brohg Augur

40% of weapons' damage bonus now applies in offhand. Er, "now" in Beta. +11 damage per hit with Vifensa
  8. Zarakii Augur

it still wont make up for the damage lost with 2hb even if they added a damage bonus to primary even more so now with a new disc (thats not ready yet and i wont talk about much here) and the new 2hb coming out its going to take a lot now to balance monk duel wield to 2hb again
  9. Scorpiann New Member

This is great information, I was just looking to upgrade both of my 1hb weapons, I'll have to look at the 2hb. Any recommendations on which 2hb to equip? I'm a non-raider looking to use the Marks of Valor to purchase gear.
  10. Brudal Augur

11. Brohg Augur

12. Scorpiann New Member

13. mackal Augur

I just dinged 100 on my monk and I was wondering what to buy with my Marks of Valor, just looking at DB increase AAs.
    2hb: 795 + 675 = 1470
    1hb: 360 + 420 = 780
    h2h: 420 + 420 = 840

The 2hb bonus is less than twice the others :(

Compared to 105
    2hb: 1200 + 1050 = 2250
    1hb/h2h: 420 + 510 = 930

Here the 2hb bonus is greater than the others, probably a big part why it's definitely better at 105.

Purely from this I would guess h2h is the best to use at 100, but 2h also gets punishing blade and 2hb will also win under speed focus + DF burns ...

I think I might just go with a 2h :p

(http://www.raidloot.com/Compare.aspx?id=140217,94437,98621 those are the 3 items I'm looking at :p)
  14. Cicelee Augur

As an alt monk, it is disappointing to not have any value or usage out of dual wield. It would be nice if 2hb were just below dual wield, so that when tanking a monk can go the 2hb route and can go dual wield the rest of the time...
  15. sifonin Augur

@mackal I have the tds t3 group monk only 2hb- staff of the indagator. Great weapon if you don't have access to raid weps
  16. Zarakii Augur

i wouldnt worry about 2hb until you hit 100+ and get the 2hander aa but once there the 2hb will out parse duel wield set ups
  17. Agrippa Augur

I loved it when warriors were tied to their shield 100% of the time. It completely made sense that they would do more dps in their tanking stance. Likewise, I'm glad they learned so much from warriors that they've copied that superior design of being tied to one weapon always and did the same thing for monks.
  18. Zarakii Augur

lol what really sucks is i mained a zerk for 7 years before the monk and like 5 months after main changing monks were tied to 2hander only weapons its like i cant escape them!
  19. Brohg Augur

I think you're probably kidding, but other than the berserker class being dumb, there's no reason the tankiest tank that ever tanked should be captain of the junior berserker squad. Warriors doing their best work while geared as warriors made sense to me. As for "tied to"? Something is best, and good players choose the best something. Whether that's a weapon setup or a spell linup or gears to wear or other classes to group with. Damnit paladin class all "tied" to stuns and group heals, right? Why can't they beat the game with Baking skill if they want to?